has anyone else noticed???

Old January 25th 10, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ammeter

Default has anyone else noticed???

RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

I know Billy had ****ed off a lot of people but at least he got people
thinking and posting.

His forte was the ability to "read" people and know the right buttons to
push.

With no one to do that RAH now lacks anyone with any interesting ideas
or posts...

Prove me wrong...

John
Old January 25th 10, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:40:49
-0800, John Ammeter

wrote:

RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

I know Billy had ****ed off a lot of people but at least he got people
thinking and posting.

His forte was the ability to "read" people and know the right buttons to
push.

With no one to do that RAH now lacks anyone with any interesting ideas
or posts...

Prove me wrong...

John

As we used to say in the
army... you ain't wrong
Old January 25th 10, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

John Ammeter schreef:
RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

I know Billy had ****ed off a lot of people but at least he got people
thinking and posting.

His forte was the ability to "read" people and know the right buttons to
push.

With no one to do that RAH now lacks anyone with any interesting ideas
or posts...

You are certainly right that we could do with more messages, more
interesting messages. But I am not missing BWB at all. I rather wonder
if we'll ever hear again from Bob Hoover, and perhaps Jim Weir. And
there must be more, whom I am not thinking of right now.
Old January 25th 10, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

John Ammeter wrote:
RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

Bavaria was pretty boring after Ludwig II kicked the bucket, too....

Ron Wanttaja
Old January 25th 10, 09:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
John Ammeter wrote:
RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long
time before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

Bavaria was pretty boring after Ludwig II kicked the bucket, too....

Ron Wanttaja

So, we need a mad king? What is the aircraft version of Neuschwanstein?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 25th 10, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:17:51 -0800, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

John Ammeter wrote:
RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

Bavaria was pretty boring after Ludwig II kicked the bucket, too....

Ron Wanttaja

there is still room for a certain Ron Wanttaja to rediscover N500F and
**** everyone off with details of the $3.50 annual overhauls.
to me that was the era when RAH was addictive!

I had nothing to do today so I spent 3 hours on usenet.
I was pretty busy today but I still managed 3 hours on usenet.
God I was flat out like a lizard drinking, try as I might I only
managed 3 hours on usenet.

remember those days?

I think what we need is to ignore the overbearing mantra of safety,
thumb our nose at the terrorists and just go out and fly off the
world's last avgas in a huge party.

I cant envisage that tales of derring do involving stolen
photovoltaics will enthuse many so we may as well party the place to
death.

"grandson, now avgas that was a fuel!! it twinkled green in the jar,
water wouldnt mix with it and the tetraethyllead had a musty aroma
that hung around like chanel number 7. gawd those were the days"
electrons! can you put a spanner to one? gawd you cant even see the
buggers. you kids dont know what it is to live! cough cough pass me
smokes over will yah?" :-)

Stealth Pilot
Old January 25th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
vaughn[_2_]

"John Ammeter" wrote in message
RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

It is not just RAH. In general, Usenet is an outmoded and dying method of
communications. Since many think that the only way to use it is through Google,
thousands are being chased away by the spam.

Prove me wrong...

Yes please!

Vaughn

Old January 25th 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anyolmouse

"vaughn" wrote in message

"John Ammeter" wrote in message
RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or

questions.

It is not just RAH. In general, Usenet is an outmoded and dying

method of
communications. Since many think that the only way to use it is

through Google,
thousands are being chased away by the spam.

Prove me wrong...

Yes please!

Vaughn

Whoops, darn mouse sent before I was ready G. The Toyota truck group
used to have a lot of info and misinfo posts. Not much on the group
anymore. Pictures Aviation had a lot of great posts up to about a year
ago. There are still some good ones but also a few posters that just
have to use Y encoding.

A lot of folks have went to moderated forums to avoid the spam, I think.

--
We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

Anyolmouse

Old January 25th 10, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Jan 24, 10:40*pm, John Ammeter
wrote:
RAH has become BORING... *no one with any interesting posts or questions.

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

I know Billy had ****ed off a lot of people but at least he got people
thinking and posting.

His forte was the ability to "read" people and know the right buttons to
push.

With no one to do that RAH now lacks anyone with any interesting ideas
or posts...

Prove me wrong...

John

Can't prove you wrong when you are SOOOOOO Right! I won't claim that
the Campbell, BWB, Chuck, and other (let them remain nameless) wars
were all that great but they sure as hell were NOT BORING! I often
defended some of the off-topic discussions because they were, love
them or hate them, stimulation for keeping a lot of people active in
the forum. Those same people were also the ones who would answer the
questions and pose new topics of discussion that enlightened and
sometimes amused. Clearly, that is gone now and so are those who
contributed so much.

The "Good old days" are never quite a good as we would like them to
have been nor were they as bad as some would have us believe. They
were what they were and there are many friendships that resulted from
them and have endured despite them.