ZAON PCAS MRX

Old December 15th 13, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default ZAON PCAS MRX

Hi,

The Zaon MRX Antenna Extender I had in stock has just sold. I don't have
any more Zaon parts in stock.

Paul Remde

"Paul Remde" wrote in message ...

Hi Jim,

I have one of the Zaon MRX Antenna Extender kits in stock.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/zaon.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________

wrote in message

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:54:05 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Are these units reliable and worth having in your glider?

Are they consistent enough to trust in a real threat situation?

Nick

Even so, no regret buying another PCAS. Sold the other when I sold my
LS-1f. Feel it provide a heads-up to traffic in our local area. Suspect I
will never have enough funds for a transponder or the panel space.
If anyone has an extended antenna kit or panel mounting kit they would like
to sell drop me a note.

r/Jim
N9XL/H201B

Old February 10th 14, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:54:05 PM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Are these units reliable and worth having in your glider?

Are they consistent enough to trust in a real threat situation?

Nick

Yep, too bad they went out of business. Have to say that despite it's shortcomings that it was a decent inexpensive bit of kit for traffic SA. Having said that, I had contacted their support just before they went out of business due to a filtering problem with my MRX. It was sporadically picking up targets and sporadically picking up my squawk code. They replied to my email support request with advise on how to fine-tune the sensitivity inside the "Admin" menu. Their response ...

" ... You can adjust the suppression level to adjust to your transponder by
entering the admin menu. (Mute + Down buttons) Once in Admin, press
ENTER/MENU to skip through the altimeter adjustment, and you should see a
screen which shows "P000 009" You can change the right side values between 5
to 20 to capture your transponder. Every transponder and aircraft vary so we
have this adjustment to allow for variations. You must hit ENTER/MENU after
adjusting the level to save it. (The screen will then return to normal view) ... "

If you try this, just be careful. Write stuff down before you make changes. I did not do that and now I am not sure what the factory default setting was on my MRX. It may have been "P000 009" as indicated above but I am not certain of that. If anyone knows what the factory default sensitivity setting should be, please post it here.
Old October 7th 16, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, February 10, 2014 at 6:36:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hello, just saw; a couple years too late! Mine was set to P000 009. I was trying to reset the alt, and ended up in that screen. I accidentally changed it to 011. Went back in and changed it to 009. I will check it tomorrow while flynig.

FS: PCAS Zaon MRX [email protected] Soaring 2 November 27th 13 10:36 PM
FS: Zaon MRX PCAS Ramy Soaring 8 August 8th 13 06:09 AM
Fs Zaon Pcas Xrx cessna150 Aviation Marketplace 0 January 26th 12 06:02 AM
Warning to users of Zaon PCAS MRX Bruno[_2_] Soaring 23 February 22nd 10 05:04 PM
GPS intrference from Zaon PCAS ?? Carl Soaring 9 May 31st 07 05:12 AM