Homemade plane crash

Old October 7th 03, 03:19 PM
Big John

Default Homemade plane crash

Houston Chronicle, 7 Oct 2003

TWO DIE IN PLANE CRASH

An investigator examines the crash (in photo) site of a small homemade
plane Monday in an East Texas field near Van. Pilot and owner, Ernest
Robert Woodward, Jr and Passenger Markeetta Woodward, both of
Georgetown, were killed in the crash. The aircraft had taken off from
Gilmer en route to Georgetown officials said.

end

No A/C type, Wx, etc. given. Unable to determine type from photo.

Condolances to the family.

Big John

Old October 7th 03, 05:10 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Big John" wrote in message
Houston Chronicle, 7 Oct 2003

TWO DIE IN PLANE CRASH

An investigator examines the crash (in photo) site of a small homemade
plane Monday in an East Texas field near Van. Pilot and owner, Ernest
Robert Woodward, Jr and Passenger Markeetta Woodward, both of
Georgetown, were killed in the crash. The aircraft had taken off from
Gilmer en route to Georgetown officials said.

end

No A/C type, Wx, etc. given. Unable to determine type from photo.

Condolances to the family.

Big John

It was an RV-8. Potentially weather related according to the preliminary
report on the FAA site.

Old October 8th 03, 12:19 AM
Dave Hyde

Rad wrote:

8 or 4? There's a -4 registered to that gent (N99VH)

-8 (N27JW) according to the FAA.

http://www2.faa.gov/avr/aai/M_1007_N.txt

Dave ' ' Hyde

Old October 8th 03, 02:31 PM
Gig Giacona

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message
Rad wrote:

8 or 4? There's a -4 registered to that gent (N99VH)

-8 (N27JW) according to the FAA.

http://www2.faa.gov/avr/aai/M_1007_N.txt

[From above listed report]
THE ACFT WAS DESTROYED AND
THE TWO SOB'S SUFFERED FATAL INJURIES. TYLER, TX
[End Quote]

They really ought to reconsider use of that particular acronym.

Old October 8th 03, 06:42 PM
Big John

Gig

POB (Persons on board) is sometimes used instead of SOB.

SOB has been used for as long as I can remember (at least in the
Military).

The abbreviation was used to expedite the passing of info for crash
crew purposes.

Without the acronym you would have to say "Two pilots, 3 stews, 25
men, 20 women and 4 children" all with hands full while working the
emergency.

The total "SOB" lets the crash crew know when they have recovered all
the people/bodies from a crash and not continue to put crash crew at
risk if all are recovered.

The 'souls on board' does not bother me as I go to Church with the
wife and am comfortable with the use of the word "souls".

Big John

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:31:10 -0500, "Gig Giacona"

Old October 8th 03, 09:19 PM
Gig Giacona

I know exactly what it means. I would say the same thing though if there
were a legit FAA/Military term of say, "Formerly Useful Christian Kickers"
and they used the acronym.

Old October 8th 03, 09:25 PM
Gig Giacona

Also John,

You do realize my problem with the acronym has nothing to do with the use of
the term Soul.

As a mater of fact the term Souls on Board is there to differentiate between
bodies that were alive at the time the flight started and any that weren't.

Again I have no problem with the term, just the acronym.

Old October 9th 03, 12:31 AM
Paul

" As a mater of fact the term Souls on Board is there to differentiate
between
bodies that were alive at the time the flight started and any that

weren't.

Again I have no problem with the term, just the acronym.

I must be dense All this time I thought the objection to S.O.B. was because
it also stood for
sons of bitches.

Old October 17th 03, 06:45 PM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:31:24 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

" As a mater of fact the term Souls on Board is there to differentiate
between
bodies that were alive at the time the flight started and any that

weren't.

Again I have no problem with the term, just the acronym.

I must be dense All this time I thought the objection to S.O.B. was because
it also stood for
sons of bitches.

It doesn't?
And here when you think of an accident and those poor "Souls On
Board". I've been doing it wrong all these years.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)