Taurus glider for sale

Old April 19th 19, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Taurus glider for sale

I asked my good friend, Stan Hall about flying this “heat treated” Grob wing and he gave me his honest opinion...........Only way to know for sure is to proof load it! Stan helped me on several projects including strength analysis of my scratch built Super Bowles Albatross.I sent him a full scale drawing of my center-wing attachments and he replied, “it’s strong enough, just strong enough”! I put 50 hours on the ship and then donated it to The SW Soaring Museum.
RIP old friend,
JJ
Old April 20th 19, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

If you need more proof such a company doesn't understand the ways of their ideal buyer...they have airplanes named "Sinus" and "Virus." Think they're taking pre orders for the anus yet? How does one even market something called a virus?
Old April 20th 19, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 05:39 20 April 2019, Echo wrote:
If you need more proof such a company doesn't understand the ways

of their
ideal buyer...they have airplanes named "Sinus" and "Virus." Think

they're
taking pre orders for the anus yet? How does one even market

something
called a virus?

They seem to pretty successful- I think probably one of the most
successful and innovative in their field - I guess they are not as
ignorant as yourself.

Old April 20th 19, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Perhaps you haven't flown it.

I guess for some people it's an ideal platform to dabble in two sides of aviation. I wasn't a fan personally.

I didn't say they didn't sell any; simply that I think I would have marketed it differently.
Old April 20th 19, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 6:59:15 PM UTC+2, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
I was hoping JJ would post up about his fire damage repairs.

Right now at the HP shop we're doing a skunky project involving high-temperature epoxy systems. As part of it, we did some test on more pedestrian epoxies of the sort typically used in gliders. They appear to demonstrate that you can get them well above Tg and they'll still recover full strength when they cool down. Of course, how far above Tg you can safely get is hard to quantify.

...They are shocked that it has not been destroyed...

A corporate entity based in a former Soviet republic is surprised that airworthiness authorities did not seize and destroy the personal property of a private citizen?

Shocked, I tell you, Shocked!

(Bogie never did say "Play it again, Sam.")

--Bob K.

Slovenia has never been a Soviet Republic. Check your history.
Old April 21st 19, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 12:17:15 AM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood

Slovenia has never been a Soviet Republic. Check your history.

Thanks for the correction, Chris, my bad!

--Bob K.
Old April 21st 19, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 07:43:04 -0700, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 12:17:15 AM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood

Slovenia has never been a Soviet Republic. Check your history.

Thanks for the correction, Chris, my bad!

Life in the former Yugoslavia wasn't all that different from life in
Soviet-era Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. At least that's
my impression from visiting/travelling through those countries during
1973-1991.

Dealing with border police and banks was much the same in all of them, so
I'd expect aircraft construction and regulation to have been pretty much
in line with Russian practise before 1991, with only gradual changes
until they joined the EU and came under EASA.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org
Old April 21st 19, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 3:08:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
In the Wings and Wheels classified ads there is listed a Taurus selflaunch glider for sale.
Originally it was N797SD, sn 107T503LSA. Currently carrying a different N number and serial number, but it is the same glider.
This Taurus was involved in a hangar fire about 4 years ago in Memphis, Tn. While the flames did not reach the glider temperatures were high enough to melt the canopy Plexiglas. That is a temperature of about 325 F.
The manufacturer, Pipistrel d.o.o of Ajdovscina, Slovenia has declared this glider un-airworthy and will provide no customer support. They are shocked that it has not been destroyed and is now considered safe for flight.
Caveat Emptor
Robert Mudd Pipistrel dealer and service center.

Of course the seller could just tell any potential buyer that the glider is declared unairworthy by the maker/type certificate owner. Might hurt the value though.
Old April 22nd 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 3:01:51 PM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
[...]

If the seller were going to disclose that he would have put it in the ad, which he didn't. The ad has been cancelled - wonder why?
Old May 3rd 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

Dang there is enough material here for a soap opera! Buyer beware huh?

Pipistrel Taurus: Club Glider? Phil Chidekel Soaring 3 February 29th 16 04:05 AM
Glider equipment for sale Roger Fowler[_3_] Soaring 0 August 2nd 14 06:05 PM
GLIDER 4 SALE BobD Soaring 0 March 16th 14 08:45 PM
Glider for Sale 5 ugly Soaring 1 December 8th 13 12:57 AM
Taurus Glider Ready for Flight Tests Michael Coates Soaring 5 April 5th 04 04:05 AM