WSPA Seminar fundraiser

Old May 15th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default WSPA Seminar fundraiser

RAS,

I'm really excited to have two of my students heading out to Reno in
July for the WSPA Women's Soaring Seminar. One is my wife, Leah, who
many of you met at the SSA Convention in Little Rock. She should be
soloed by then. The other is Summer Gajewski, a High School Senior,
who graduates next weekend and started flying with the Kansas and
Wichita Soaring Associations last summer. She should have her Private-
Glider certificate by the time the Seminar starts.

If you're not familiar with WSPA and the Women's Soaring Seminar check
out www.womensoaring.org and familiarize yourself. They've just
updated to a great new website. The seminar this year is hosted by
Air Sailing and looks to be a great learning opportunity. They've
been doing seminars for years and it is a great opportunity and like I
said I'm really excited.

So in order to help these two gals get to the Seminar I'm hoping to
raise a little money with my flying. I'm wondering if anyone would be
interested in pledging. I'm thinking we'd base it upon my OLC points
that I accumulate from now through July 18th, the day before the
Seminar begins.

Here is my planned flying dates between now and then:

May 22/23 weekend both days hopefully in a Cherokee II. We're having
an altitude gain contest in the club that weekend although I might set
out cross country if I can get everything ready to go.

Memorial Day Weekend: Taking a Cherokee II to western KS for a weekend
of cross country flying. Fly Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

Saturday June 5 will hopefully fly a Cherokee.

June 19/20 weekend

June 27

July 3 is the Kansas Kowbell Klassic straight distance contest which I
will definitely be competing in.

July 4 will be Kowbell Konsolation unless I don't make it home until
the wee hours of the morning.

July 5th I believe I have off work, likely flying again

July 10/11 and July 17/18 hopefully flying to try to rack up as many
points as possible.

It is quite likely that I'll end up picking up an extra day or two
instruction duty between now and then which will cancel out a day of
potential cross country flying. Not to mention the weather. But at
least you now have an idea of the potential risk you take by
pledging. It's also probably worth noting that my handicap is 1.543
and since I flew a 193 mile straight distance flight a few weeks ago I
have "Distance Fever" Some people dream of final glides to the home
base at sunset. I dream of the Barringer Trophy.

So, anyone interested?

Tony

Another good ASF seminar Tiger Would Piloting 0 March 23rd 10 05:18 PM
CFI Seminar [email protected] Soaring 0 May 6th 09 02:13 PM
Summer Soliloquy - WSPA Style CindyASK Soaring 0 June 25th 07 01:27 AM
2006 WSPA Seminar C Koenig Soaring 0 November 10th 05 03:54 AM
XC training fundraiser for US Junior Team g l i d e r s t u d Soaring 0 March 25th 05 12:53 AM