V7 firmware updated from a PDA

Old April 5th 14, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default V7 firmware updated from a PDA

Hi,

Has anybody ever succeeded with updating V7 firmware from a PDA, a HX4700 specifically?

When I try it, the "Update" button does not become active.

I've tried all 4 COM ports with all speeds, including the one suggested in the manual: 115200.

When flying, I have V7 connected to an OzFLARM and HX4700 with WinPilot. It works very well. WinPilot uses COM1 to communicate with V7 with bound rate of 19200.

Regards
Jarek
Old April 5th 14, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ES

Jarek,

To your initial question ("Has anybody ever succeeded with updating V7 firmware from a PDA ..."), yes, I just recently updated my V7, but from my Oudie2 running the latest version of SYM.

I punted on both WinPilot and the HX4700 years ago ... not what you wanted to hear I know, but Naviter does a superior job with both software updates and interoperability, *especially* with LXNAV.

ted/ES
Old April 5th 14, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Friday, April 4, 2014 5:50:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody ever succeeded with updating V7 firmware from a PDA, a HX4700 specifically?

When I try it, the "Update" button does not become active.

I've tried all 4 COM ports with all speeds, including the one suggested in the manual: 115200.

When flying, I have V7 connected to an OzFLARM and HX4700 with WinPilot. It works very well. WinPilot uses COM1 to communicate with V7 with bound rate of 19200.

Regards

Jarek

Jarek,

Have you copied the update program .dll and firmware updates to the upper level of the 4700.

See page 43 of the latest manual for instructions

http://www.lxnav.com/download/manuals.html

Download tools

http://www.lxnav.com/download/firmware.html

make sure you use the PDA tool and only use 115200 buadrate.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old April 5th 14, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Friday, April 4, 2014 5:50:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody ever succeeded with updating V7 firmware from a PDA, a HX4700 specifically?

When I try it, the "Update" button does not become active.

I've tried all 4 COM ports with all speeds, including the one suggested in the manual: 115200.

When flying, I have V7 connected to an OzFLARM and HX4700 with WinPilot. It works very well. WinPilot uses COM1 to communicate with V7 with bound rate of 19200.

Regards

Jarek

Try copying the tools, .dll and firmware to the same directory as the 2577 folder. If the button does not work it is because it is not finding the update tool.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 13th 14, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi,

I finally succeeded with the update, firstly I copied the updater software to the root folder of the PDA (Richard, thanks for this tip), secondly, I used a newer version of the updater program poster by Uros on the LXNAV website: http://www.lxnav.com/download/firmware.html.

Regards
Jarek