Blakey: Airlines "out of line with reality."

Old September 15th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Default Blakey: Airlines "out of line with reality."

"Morgans" wrote in news:LoXGi.36$gd1.18
@newsfe06.lga:

They deserve all they get from hiring her. Their loss is our gain!

....or it could be out of the frying pan into the fire.

Old September 16th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"John Godwin" wrote

...or it could be out of the frying pan into the fire.

There is always that possibility, but do you think it could be worse?

Nahhh!
--
Jim in NC

Old September 16th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

BLAKEY TAKES PARTING SHOT AT AIRLINES
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196129)
Marion Blakey made her last speech
(http://www.faa.gov/news/speeches/new...fm?newsId=9532) as FAA
administrator on Tuesday, before the Washington, D.C., Aero Club. And
it held at least one surprise -- she put the blame for airline delays
squarely on airline scheduling practices that are "out of line with
reality." The airline industry has waged a campaign trying to blame
general aviation aircraft for congestion and delays.

Sounds to me like this shows that the FAA/airline campaign for use
fees to fund NextGen was a lie. Thus no need for any user fees or
ADS-B mandates.

Ron Lee
Old September 16th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

(
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196129)
Marion Blakey made her last speech
(http://www.faa.gov/news/speeches/new...fm?newsId=9532) as FAA
administrator on Tuesday, before the Washington, D.C., Aero Club. And
it held at least one surprise -- she put the blame for airline delays
squarely on airline scheduling practices that are "out of line with
reality." The airline industry has waged a campaign trying to blame
general aviation aircraft for congestion and delays.

Sounds to me like this shows that the FAA/airline campaign for use
fees to fund NextGen was a lie. Thus no need for any user fees or
ADS-B mandates.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic. You're saying, that because
the FAA Administrator publicly admits that the air carriers are
causing flight delays, that user-fee financing of NextGen ATC was a
lie? I agree with your conclusion, but I don't understand the
reasoning you used to reach it.

What Blakey's statement reveals is here change of stance on the issue
of the cause of airline delays as she slips the surly bonds of the
Bush regime.

ADS-B is a done-deal; FAA has signed the contract with ITT to pay for
its development, implementation, deployment, and operation as another
step toward privatized ATC.

Old September 17th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
Sounds to me like this shows that the FAA/airline campaign for use
fees to fund NextGen was a lie. Thus no need for any user fees or
ADS-B mandates.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic. You're saying, that because
the FAA Administrator publicly admits that the air carriers are
causing flight delays, that user-fee financing of NextGen ATC was a
lie? I agree with your conclusion, but I don't understand the
reasoning you used to reach it.

What Blakey's statement reveals is here change of stance on the issue
of the cause of airline delays as she slips the surly bonds of the
Bush regime.

ADS-B is a done-deal; FAA has signed the contract with ITT to pay for
its development, implementation, deployment, and operation as another
step toward privatized ATC.

We have been hearing of airspace gridlock and terrible delays based
upon an antiquated ATC system. If the real cause of the delays are
largely airline scheduling, plus inadequate number of runways, gates,
etc, then the premise for NextGen is flawed.

If they want ADS-B, go ahead but don't force me to pay thousands for
equipment that provides nothing to me. I fly quite well with what I
have.

Ron Lee