Where are the flight instructors?

Old March 5th 04, 01:33 AM
No Such User

Default Where are the flight instructors?

My earlier post about instrument ratings by state got some people arguing
about which states had a lot of flight schools. In order to feed the
acrimony, I made up a list of people with instructor ratings by state.
This is all instructors, not just airplane CFI's. For brevity I have
included here only the top ten states.

Naturally, the most populous states tend to have the highest number, with
California and its combination of enormous population and favorable weather
solidly in the lead. Strangely enough, relatively sparsely populated
Washington and Arizona show up in the top ten.

PA 2440
NY 2450
WA 2645
CO 2695
OH 2774
AZ 2827
IL 3004
TX 6248
FL 7213
CA 8426
Old March 5th 04, 02:35 PM
StellaStar

Strangely enough, relatively sparsely populated
Washington and Arizona show up in the top ten.

But WA is an amazement.

Nah. Boeing is/was there.
Old March 5th 04, 02:50 PM
Jim

Most people only think of Seattle and rain when they think of WA, but
eastern WA is high and dry. Some say that eastern WA has more VFR days and
hours of sunshine than any other part of the country. I'm a potato farmer
in WI, and it's well known that biggest reason WA raises such large crops is
their abundant sunshine and long dry days.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
On 5 Mar 2004 01:33:23 GMT,
(No Such User) wrote:

Strangely enough, relatively sparsely populated
Washington and Arizona show up in the top ten.

Not strange for AZ, given its suitability as a haven for flight
schools. Note that FL ranks right up there near the top of your list.

But WA is an amazement.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:
(requires authentication)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

Old March 6th 04, 10:31 AM
Cub Driver

I have it! Washington state is where all those AZ flight instructors
go to cool off during the summer months.

Not strange for AZ, given its suitability as a haven for flight
schools. Note that FL ranks right up there near the top of your list.

But WA is an amazement.

There is a lot flight training going on around here. Some of the more
intensive areas, like Boeing Field, Auburn, and even Tacoma Narrows get real
busy. It is like flying into a hive of bees some days.

and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old March 6th 04, 02:58 PM
C J Campbell

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
I have it! Washington state is where all those AZ flight instructors
go to cool off during the summer months.

There is a lot of truth to that, actually, but it would not affect the
statistics.