Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

Old February 22nd 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Ross

Default Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

Blanche wrote:
Ross wrote:

Journeyman wrote:

For the neck rub (not in a good way), I've seen people who do long
distance road trips install a fleece pad that you position on the
shoulder strap. I bet you could find something in an auto-supply
store.

Years ago I installed the BAS shoulder harnesses in my Skyhawk. They
came with anti chafe attachments for this reason that were velcroed
around the nylon belts. I bet one could make something like that out of
fleece or other soft material.

Ross, Morris, et al.

When I was flying the warrior with the single shoulder harness (as in
a car), I had one of the fleece, slip-on-clamp-with-velcro from my
local discount store. Now in the cherokee, I have after-market
Y-shoulder harness. (OEM, TSO, STC, etc) I haven't found anything
that will work. Altho, now that you bring up the fleece gadget, I
bet I could get a couple pieces of fleece and sew them into a Y,
then add a velcro closure (so that it's not permanently attached
to the aircraft and require all sorts of paperwork and signatures
altho I could claim it was "owner-fabricated"...true?)

My things are just around the two shoulder straps from the "Y". They do
not include the "Y". The are two flat pieces the roll up into a cylinder
and close with the velcro. They slide up and down and position where you
need them. I add velcro to duct tape and WD-40 as useful items.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old February 23rd 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Blanche

Ross wrote:
Blanche wrote:
Ross wrote:
Journeyman wrote:
[...]

Yup, the flat fleece that roll around the webbing and close with
the velcro. I've always considered velcro the 20.5th Century's version
of duct tape. I keep a 20 foot roll of it in the hangar. Unfortunately,
the part of the shoulder harness that annoys me most is the center of
the Y. I'll take my current fleece gadget and see if I can adapt it
for the neck...