Alarus for training?

Old November 8th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Tom C

Default Alarus for training?

"Scott" wrote in message
What do we think of an Alarus CH2000 as a primary trainer and as a weekend
flyer? I've run into a possible opportunity to buy a used CH2000 for
possibly well under market value (at auction, so it really depends on
where
the bidding goes). I also have a couple of guys who might be interested
in
partnering on it (one a returning student, the other a retired bizjet
pilot).

I'm a zero-hour student, currently working through ground school. I've
been
thinking about maybe buying a PA-28-140 next year to train in and for
general flying later, but if the Alarus is a decent plane and I can get a
deal on it...? Can anyone give me more reasons to think yea or nay?

-Scott

I flew one once out of HND. It did not do well in high density altitude. I
just signed papers on an older Cherokee 140/150.
It's a decent two person plane (even if it does have back seats). You should
be able to find one with a good panel
and more horse power than the Alarus with parts that fit together like they
should for far less money. 80 ponies in high elevation isn't the
best bet.

Tom C

Old November 9th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Lou

I'm happy that the OP started this post. I was considering looking
for one of these. However, for the same cost of buying one, I could
build the 640 4 seater. Which is probebly the way to go.
Lou

Training [email protected] General Aviation 0 August 11th 05 02:12 AM
Training [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 August 11th 05 02:10 AM
AMD Alarus IFR Trainer    H.P. Owning 0 August 5th 04 07:10 PM
AMD Alarus IFR Trainer    H.P. Piloting 0 August 5th 04 07:10 PM
Yak 52 Training gpa Aerobatics 0 November 10th 03 06:15 AM