Pawnee Center Fuel Tank Conversion

Old October 18th 12, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pawnee Center Fuel Tank Conversion

Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?

Ed
Old October 18th 12, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_1_]

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:58:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info? Ed

Are planning on towing with this ship? I do not believe it is legal to tow with mogas.
Old October 19th 12, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Oct 18, 3:23*pm, wrote:
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:58:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info? Ed

Are planning on towing with this ship? *I do not believe it is legal to tow with mogas.

Beliefs are not reality.
Our Pawnee had a STC Mogas approval with no limitations about towing.
We negated that STC when we used a different STC to increase the HP.
The new STC specifies no MOGAS.

Old October 19th 12, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:41:34 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Beliefs are not reality.

Except on R.A.S.

Gggrrrrrrrrr.....
Old October 19th 12, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PGS

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:58:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?

Ed

On turbulent days you will miss those wing tanks, they give you a much more stable ride.
Old October 19th 12, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, October 19, 2012 11:44:41 AM UTC-4, PGS wrote:
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:58:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?

Ed

On turbulent days you will miss those wing tanks, they give you a much more stable ride.

no comparison to the massive cost savings.
Old October 19th 12, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

On 10/19/2012 6:59 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:41:34 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Beliefs are not reality.

Except on R.A.S.

Gggrrrrrrrrr.....

I believe what Dave is trying to say here is...Dave, can you help me out here,
please???

Bob - Hey, *I* thought it was funny! - W.
Old October 20th 12, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:23:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:58:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info? Ed

Are planning on towing with this ship? I do not believe it is legal to tow with mogas.

Thanks, it is legal to tow with mogas providing the tow aircraft has both an airframe & engine STC. Check out Petersen Aviation website, the holder of the STC. We've been towing with mogas in STC'd Pawnees for over 20 years.
Old May 19th 13, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2012 19:58:59 UTC+2 schrieb :
Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?

Ed

Hi, quite late reply of mine. Do you have any news on your project of converting a D - model into a C - model? I know it is possible, but for what costs and efforts?

My club mates and I are operating a chartered PA25, currently a D-model and we do have the same problems with mogas STC. (We are located in EDAP Neuhausen/ Spree near Berlin, Germany).

Best reagards, Peter.