FAA Notice N8900.204 - English Proficiency

Old February 15th 13, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default FAA Notice N8900.204 - English Proficiency

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:44:25 PM UTC-5, Mike the Strike wrote:
American English is a foreign language! Mike

I am working with a coupls of guys here in SC who I am sure would not pass that test as far as the spoken part goes. I see their lips move but am not sure if there are actually words being formed! ;-)
Uli
Old February 16th 13, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

FSDO or DPE can issue a Student Pilot certificate for students learning in aircraft that do not require a medical evaluation.
Gliders, Balloon, and I think Light Sport airplane. It will state, limited to glider or balloon.

An AME is required for the Class 3 medical evaluation and can issue the student certificate with medical certificate.
Old February 18th 13, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:55:48 PM UTC-8, T wrote:
FSDO or DPE can issue a Student Pilot certificate for students learning in aircraft that do not require a medical evaluation.

Gliders, Balloon, and I think Light Sport airplane. It will state, limited to glider or balloon.

" . . . limited to glider or balloon."
Please share your reference requiring this statement when you issue Student Pilot Certificates in your DPE handbook Order 8900.2 chg. 1.

I can't locate it and I need to know if this is new!
By the way, in what FAA region are you an Examiner?
Thanks.