Helmet Reconditioning

Old May 19th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CF[_2_]

Default Helmet Reconditioning

I've an old militaly flight hrlmet that needs to be reconditioned. Anyone
know of a company that does this, or where to by a kit to do so? I nned all
the pads,etc and a mike patch cord to convert a miltary jack to civlilian
Old May 20th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Clark[_2_]

On May 19, 3:28*pm, CF wrote:
I've an old militaly flight hrlmet that needs *to be reconditioned. Anyone
know of a company that does this, or where to by a kit to do so? I nned all
the pads,etc and a mike patch cord to convert a miltary jack to civlilian

This company makes pad inserts. Worked well for a yearlong tour in
Afghanistan. Don't know about the cord.
http://www.oregonaero.com/p69-2001.html

Ron
Old May 20th 11, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
150flivver

You can try: http://www.gibson-barnes.com/Helmet+...1/prod_id/238/
Old May 20th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

I remember a story about a company that made bust enhancement devices
(falsies) who couldn't understand why a small town in Texas was buying
their devices at a rate that was way beyond normal consumption for a
town that size. Turns out the cadets receiving flight training at the
local airbase were lining their helmets with falsies!
:) JJ
Old May 20th 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Well, I can't top that story but, if you can gain access to an Air Force
base, go to the life support shop and the technicians will likely do it for
you for nothing. Of course, a 6-pack or case of their favorite beverage is
a nice payment after the fact. Years ago I got a CRU-60/P at Carswell AFB
and a set of bayonet connectors at NAS Dallas. Got a bailout bottle at
Buckley ANGB, too. Of course, security might be tighter now...

Old May 20th 11, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Jardini

This should have all the parts you need.

http://flighthelmet.com/mm5/merchant...Store_Code=FHL
Old May 20th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On May 20, 6:54*am, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
Well, I can't top that story but, if you can gain access to an Air Force
base, go to the life support shop and the technicians will likely do it for
you for nothing. *Of course, a 6-pack or case of their favorite beverage is
a nice payment after the fact. *Years ago I got a CRU-60/P at Carswell AFB
and a set of bayonet connectors at NAS Dallas. *Got a bailout bottle at
Buckley ANGB, too. *Of course, security might be tighter now...

"JJ Sinclair" wrote in message

I remember a story about a company that made bust enhancement devices
(falsies) who couldn't understand why a small town in Texas was buying
their devices at a rate that was way beyond normal consumption for a
town that size. Turns out the cadets receiving flight training at the
local airbase were lining their helmets with falsies!
:) JJ- Hide quoted text -

Yes I suspect things have changed. I did high altitude training at
Edwards in the early 80's. I asked one of the instructors about
bailout bottles and he gave me one. Still have it and it's still
full.

Andy (GY)

Looking for helmet SBH Naval Aviation 8 February 28th 11 10:57 AM
Helmet refurbish CF General Aviation 1 June 13th 10 12:30 AM
Helmet ID John S[_3_] Home Built 4 November 23rd 09 08:16 PM
cloth helmet Yann D. Aerobatics 2 August 24th 07 10:40 PM
Need an Alpha helmet? [email protected] Rotorcraft 0 April 24th 06 04:13 PM