Zenith Aircraft

Old June 20th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Zenith Aircraft

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Ken Finney" wrote in message

"Curt Fennell" wrote in message
Has anyone built one of the Zenith aircraft or dealt with them on a
regular basis? I am curious to know if they are good with builder
support.

TIA,
Curt

I've heard nothing but good things about their customer support, once you
are a customer. I've been to some shows where they were fairly rude to
perspective customers, but once you write them a check, they bend over
backwards to help you.

I noticed it to and I think it is specifically one person. I really don't
think it is rudeness. I think it is just personal mannerisms. The reason
it seems like they get nicer after they get a check is because by that
time you have gotten use to it and realize that it isn't rudeness.

I'm from the South. People, especially in that sort of business, are
generally almost overly friendly. It's quite a shock to deal with one that
isn't.

Plus, I'd rather they act the way they do, instead of being rude AFTER they
get paid! ;^)

Old June 27th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Stew Hicks wrote:
Who says Chris Heintz stole the Cri-Cri plans? I happened to ride to dinner
with Chris and Michel at Oshkosh during the show where they made their deal
on the Cri-Cri. I know nothing of their agreement but in my dealings with
Chris I have never found him anything but honest and very helpful.

I have no direct knowledge of the situation. The CriCri mailing list
seems to have a strong opinion of Mr. Heintz. I just posted some
quotes from there.