Governor's Cup - Brandy Soaring in lead ... SGS 1-26 has fastesthandicapped speed (USA)

Old April 9th 13, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KiloKilo[_2_]

Default Governor's Cup - Brandy Soaring in lead ... SGS 1-26 has fastesthandicapped speed (USA)

Inter-club competition is well underway in the PA/NJ/NY tri-state area.

The Brandywine Soaring team has jumped out to a commanding lead - we'll have to see if they can hold.

We have had some great early season conditions this year ... and a 1-26 driven by Dan Sazhin has posted the highest handicapped speed of 67.14 mph ... this could hold up all season.

http://designtekk.com/GCUP2/gc_home.php

Ken Kochanski
GCUP Webmaster
Old April 10th 13, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Kilo Kilo, Didn't see anything on the website about the history of the team names. The ACA "Pudknockers" name has been around for a while.
Believe my old R2 club no longer exists.
Jim
Old April 10th 13, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:40:22 AM UTC-5, KiloKilo wrote:
Inter-club competition is well underway in the PA/NJ/NY tri-state area.

The Brandywine Soaring team has jumped out to a commanding lead - we'll have to see if they can hold.

We have had some great early season conditions this year ... and a 1-26 driven by Dan Sazhin has posted the highest handicapped speed of 67.14 mph ... this could hold up all season.

http://designtekk.com/GCUP2/gc_home.php

Ken Kochanski

GCUP Webmaster

good luck catching Daniel. I tried last year in Texas.
Old April 10th 13, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KiloKilo[_2_]

Yes, "Pudknockers" was the term Dave Michaud ("U MOMMA") used to call ACA pilots back in the 80's when he was a regular visitor flying out of Blairstown.

Of course, this came from the movie, "The Right Stuff" ... the scene where Paunho Barnes is bartending for two rookie test pilots.

Pancho Barnes: I tell you, we got two categories of pilots around here. We got your prime pilots that get all the hot planes, and we got your pud-knockers who dream about getting the hot planes. Now what are you two pud-knockers gonna have? Huh?

Dave Michaud left soaring and became a road bike racer ... which made sense as a bicycle was a machine he could handle.

kk

Old April 10th 13, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:30:33 AM UTC-4, KiloKilo wrote:
Yes, "Pudknockers" was the term Dave Michaud ("U MOMMA") used to call ACA pilots back in the 80's when he was a regular visitor flying out of Blairstown.

Dave Michaud left soaring and became a road bike racer ... which made sense as a bicycle was a machine he could handle.

kk

Sad to say that Michaud has proven yet again that he can't handle a bike either. Another broken rib as of yesterday. Any of you Michaud fans contact me offline and we'll see if we can get him back into gliding where it's safer. He keeps threatening a comeback, so maybe a little peer pressure is all it takes. We certainly could use the entertainment.

P3
Old April 10th 13, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:14:48 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:40:22 AM UTC-5, KiloKilo wrote:

good luck catching Daniel. I tried last year in Texas.

Tell us about it. He completed a flight the other day in a 1-26 bucking 25mph headwinds on the last leg. Already showing the tenacity and weather-reading ability that makes champions.

P3
Old April 10th 13, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Thanks KK, suspicion confirmed. U Momma AKA "The Scoundrel" was to blame.
Ouch... Haven't contacted Dave in a while, but had threatened him in the past with access to flying sailplanes in California. Perhaps if he read Pez cartoons and saw how great it is on Doon?
P3, put me on the escape committee.
Jim
(CC'd to dcm address)

Old April 10th 13, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:18:04 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
[...]

Are you kidding? I thought Ugly Mother was the inspiration for Pez!

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old April 10th 13, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

So I'm sitting here on my couch, pillow pressed against my ribs, taking enuf Advil to sink a ship and trying in vain to concentrate on a work document.... When I start getting emails right out of the 1990's, same trash talk, from the same group of worthless pudnockers beating their chest over some stroke of luck they had in a glider about a 1000 years ago. All I can say is - MAN I MISSED YOU GUYS!

BTW - if you are looking for revenge over the contest beating you recieved from me over the years, you just got it...started laughing the moment I saw these emails - for those who have never broken a rib, laughing is about the same as sticking a hot poker between your ribs and turning it...truly a spiritual experience.

All kidding aside - soaring remains the coolest thing I ever got "better than average" at (that should save a few posts :-)) and the pilots (& crews) among the best people I have known...even a few of the pudnockers...

Love & Kisses
UMomma