Looking for an affordable glider....

Old August 9th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
xTrainwrecKx

Default Looking for an affordable glider....

Hello everyone....

I am new to the sailplane and glider world and am currently overseas in Afghanistan for another 2 weeks or so. This is my final deployment and I am looking to get myself a little something to enjoy now that I have time.

I am looking for an affordable and fun flying used glider that is also safe, but flexible enough to race or do XC with as I get better. I have looked everywhere on the net to search through classifieds, but they are not around. I know there is more gliders for sale out there, and not the ads from 2005.

When I return home, I will be driving my truck from the East coast all the way back to my home in Las Vegas. I can pick up a glider along the way, with trailer. This has been my dream for the longest time... and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

Very respectfully,
Derek
Old August 10th 11, 01:13 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTrainwrecKx View Post
[...]

Have you tried this sight?
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/wantads1.htm
Walt
Old August 10th 11, 10:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
xTrainwrecKx

--
Walt Connelly- Hide quoted text -

Awesome... thank you for the help fellas!

V/r,
Derek
Old August 11th 11, 09:41 AM
addage5228FC8 addage5228FC8 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Connelly View Post
Have you tried this sight?
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/wantads1.htm
Walt
Thanks for the link!
Old August 17th 11, 12:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glen

wrote:
xTrainwrecKx;779810 Wrote:

[...]

Call 517-260-7797

Looking for an affordable glider.... xTrainwrecKx Soaring 1 August 9th 11 05:07 PM
Affordable Glider K Smith Soaring 20 July 23rd 09 07:13 AM
Affordable planes Tom Home Built 4 November 6th 08 09:59 PM
The Affordable Flying Initiative (AFI) [email protected] Owning 4 February 2nd 07 06:32 PM
Looking for an affordable 4-passenger aircraft Tailhook Owning 15 March 14th 06 01:41 AM