Wing Stand

Old February 26th 12, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Allardyce

Default Wing Stand

Does anyone have a Cobra wing stand they are looking to sell? If so, I
may be interested. Please e-mail me with details if you have one you
are looking to sell.

Regards,
Jay
Old February 27th 12, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rex Mayes

On Feb 26, 3:28*pm, Jay Allardyce wrote:
Does anyone have a Cobra wing stand they are looking to sell? If so, I
may be interested. Please e-mail me with details if you have one you
are looking to sell.

Regards,
Jay

New in stock at Williams Soaring Center. (530) 473-5600
Rex
Old February 29th 12, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Feb 26, 3:28*pm, Jay Allardyce wrote:

Does anyone have a Cobra wing stand they are looking to sell?

If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative buy this and slip
some foam
over the top.

http://www.harborfreight.com/adjusta...and-46086.html

Old February 29th 12, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:28:36 PM UTC-8, Jay Allardyce wrote:
Does anyone have a Cobra wing stand they are looking to sell? If so, I
may be interested. Please e-mail me with details if you have one you
are looking to sell.

Regards,
Jay

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-h...rt-192670.html

These are great. Add foam and felt and you are ready. Four legs are a lot more stable than three.

BV
Old February 29th 12, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-h...accessories-sp...

These are great. *Add foam and felt and you are ready. *Four legs are a lot more stable than three.

BV

I have a couple of these and like them very much
Old March 1st 12, 12:02 AM
POPS POPS is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Mayes View Post
On Feb 26, 3:28*pm, Jay Allardyce wrote:
Does anyone have a Cobra wing stand they are looking to sell? If so, I
may be interested. Please e-mail me with details if you have one you
are looking to sell.

Regards,
Jay

New in stock at Williams Soaring Center. (530) 473-5600
Rex
Go for wooden 5' step ladder, chop down to desired height, pad on top,
Nothing more stable, super inexpensive. Can you stand on the top of your wing stand?
Old March 1st 12, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

I too have a "claibrated" ladder wingstand for my Ka-6. Mainly because most
commonly available wingstands don't go high enough.Works really well.

Pete

--
POPS

Old March 1st 12, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

On Feb 29, 9:51*am, soartech wrote:
On Feb 26, 3:28*pm, Jay Allardyce wrote:

Does anyone have a Cobra wing stand they are looking to sell?

If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative buy this and slip
some foam
over the top.

http://www.harborfreight.com/adjusta...and-46086.html

NO, not this one . . . I had the tightening collar fail and slip on
this exact stand. (Not while using as a wing stand.)
Cheap stand on an expensive sailplane? Really?

There are much better stands out there, mostly purpose-built for
sailplanes. The Cobra stand is nice, the wingsandwheels stand works
well. I have two of each of these that I use with confidence. I also
ask anyone hanging around at assembly to guard the first wingtip on
the stand while we put the second wing on, just for back up.

Actually the wooden ladder with a pad on top works great. Dad and I
cut one down to size just before the 1969 Marfa Nationals. Purpose-
built wing stands were not so common back then, maybe because everyone
had a crew person or two. Anyway, I still have and use that ladder
stand for his Open Cirrus, which never left the family, now in my
hangar in Marfa.