SeeYou

Old August 8th 18, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

Default SeeYou

On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 11:16:44 UTC+10, Waveguru wrote:
As soon as my subscription runs out, the program starts acting up. This really ****es me off. I paid for the program and the fact that they sabotage it to get you to purchase the upgrade is very disappointing. If I don't want the "improvements", the program that I paid for should still work. In my opinion, that is a crappy way to do business... Is this the way things are done these days?

Boggs

From Naviter website

"SeeYou license is perpetual and includes one year of free product upgrades from the purchase date, including major version upgrades within one year of purchase. SeeYou license includes also iPhone, iPad and Android versions. Some of the features require current subscription in order to function: SeeYou on iPhone, iPad and Android runs, weather integration and airspace database updates. Note that one SeeYou Subscription covers SeeYou and SeeYou Mobile upgrades if you own both!"

So it would seem to me that for the PC based product you can stop paying subscription and the version that you currently have working will continue to work normally.

Cheers

Paul
Old August 8th 18, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Well, it never does continue working. It works fine right up to when my subscription runs out. First it starts freezing up while I’m using it, and now none of the maps come up. This happens every year at the end of my paid subscription. I finally pony up and it works fine for another year. This is all a coincidence, eh?

Boggs
Old August 8th 18, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 7:34:10 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
Well, it never does continue working. It works fine right up to when my subscription runs out. First it starts freezing up while I’m using it, and now none of the maps come up. This happens every year at the end of my paid subscription. I finally pony up and it works fine for another year. This is all a coincidence, eh?

Boggs

That is strange.
Version 9.1 on my desktop and 9.2 on the laptop are working beyond subscription.

Are you trying to use satellite images or Meteorology?
If so, deselect them, as access does expire with the subscription.
Jim
Old August 9th 18, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

SeeYou CLEARLY states that it is a subscription service - if your subscription expires you SHOULD NOT expect to get any service. If this is not the case, Naviter, and their distributors, should make it VERY CLEAR what you can expect after your subscription expires. Personally, I WILL NOT subscribe - the cost is just TOO HIGH!

Tom
Old August 9th 18, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

They do, it is clesrly stayed on their website. The version that you have installed whilst you were on the subscription will continue to work afyer you have stopped your subscription. This actually better then initially planned, where you had to stay on the version used prior to subscription.

Cheers

Paul
Old August 9th 18, 08:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

I used v3.9 for years without subscription, and then upgraded to v7.1, again using it after subscription expiry for 4 years. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Old August 9th 18, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Just for everyone's information, here are the SeeYou licensing terms (below).

For me, $50 per year to get updates for my desktop SeeYou, my iPhone and two Oudies seems like a bargain. It baffles me when people who own gliders that cost well into six figures whine about software (or tows, or any of the infrastructure and services that make the sport work) that cost less than a decent dinner out. These guys work hard to produce pretty high-quality products for a niche sport and the cost isn't out of line with the value provided (at $4-5/month how could it be?). I'd give them the $50 just to make sure there was support available, but that's just me.

Ah, glider pilots.

Andy Blackburn
9B

SeeYou - first time purchase
129 € + VAT*
SeeYou Upgrade Subscription
49 € / year + VAT*

________________

Old August 9th 18, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Well......whining about software subscriptions and the like gets you.......
A base that may agree on RAS and other places.
Safer than whining about your other half (think Elaina Bobbitt......SP).

Sad for me, I don't fly enough to get good on a version, new stuff means I am always learning new stuff.....wish some basics could be just brought up.
If I was flying a lot more and current on hardware and software, maybe I would have a valid comment.

Yes, my bad, wish I flew more.......:-(
Old August 10th 18, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 12:38:28 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:

Well......whining about software subscriptions and the like gets you.......
A base that may agree on RAS and other places.
Safer than whining about your other half (think Elaina Bobbitt......SP).

Was that a Haiku?

;-)
Old August 10th 18, 11:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

I am with Andy Blackburn. The annual update cost is insignificant in relation to what I spend on the sport, I consider that Naviter deserve support, and I certainly want them to keep going with updates and product support. My

Interestingly Flarm and LXNav both continue to provide firmware updates without charge.

I pay a slightly higher sub for Skydemon (excellent European equivalent of Foreflight, Foreflight is entering the European market for the first time this year. They will have a tough job competing with the well established Skydemon).

SeeYou 4 2KA Soaring 5 April 13th 11 02:22 AM
Where is SeeYou help? [email protected] Soaring 1 November 23rd 06 12:19 AM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM
SeeYou 3.0 iPilot Soaring 3 February 25th 05 04:30 PM
SeeYou 2.82...anyone try it yet? Stewart Kissel Soaring 4 January 3rd 05 10:31 PM