US Standard Nationals -- Day 1

Old August 2nd 18, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default US Standard Nationals -- Day 1

The women's worlds last year?
Old August 2nd 18, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Touché........I should have said "except Women's comps".....
Old August 2nd 18, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 2:47:29 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I wonder how long it's been since more than 2 women have flown a glider competition?

Darling Downs Soaring Club's Easter comp?
Jim
Old August 2nd 18, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Should I throw in the HHSC Snowbird?

Thread is a US Nats.

Ok.......Frikkin really specific........any regional/National contest...like, any competition that relates to national pilot ranking, when has there been more than 2 women pilots in the US, I will accept Canada, since some cross over easily.

I am really looking at the USofA, since, well, that is where most here are from.

Frankly, if someone can fly a sailplane, I don't care the gender. We are pilots (outside of some specific new competitions or the older "PowderPuff derbies").

Outside of Riggs and King, I would love to see some gender crossover contests. I would hazard to say quite a few females would do well.
In sailplanes, it is more a thinking game, endurance helps, but many levels are fairly even.

And no, I am not running for office, nor can I act/be accepted as a politician. Well, less than Bernie and others, but trying to keep politics out of this.
Old August 2nd 18, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Hey, back on topic, thanks for whatever you can provide to RAS. At least I appreciate it. I don't care if it is a "copy paste" from social media.
Old August 2nd 18, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Check out my weather briefings at this site

http://bit.ly/2NRgdVy

Posting various soaring graphics in each daily folder.

Walter Rogers WX
Old August 13th 18, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

A reminder...

All my weather briefings for the U.S. Standard Class nationals are in the URL below. Just enter the folders and sub folders for each day.

http://bit.ly/2NRgdVy

Reference an earlier post criticizing the rest day. Mark Keene's calling of a rest day on Aug 3rd was more from a safety and rest point of view. I did not think it would be a cloud less day. Really... all days were pretty darn good with fair weather cu all the way up to 30 pct coverage and cu or towering cu, but not really any OD. Days 4 and 5 had some issues with cirrus and a long blue area glide in/out of a turn point which caused a couple of top scoring pilot land outs.

The last day is analyzed in the COSPA folder with my README. There you will see a series of COSPA videos for two hour increments through a 10 hour period. They show high res visible imagery (GOES-16), radar and lightning data..

Walt Rogers WX
Weather Support for Standard Nats