Need Help

Old August 14th 18, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Need Help

Just recently bought a Pawnee in Mt. Sterling , Illinois. Plan on possibly taking it apart to ship to Florida. Are there any glider guys out there that would be willing to give me a hand in taking the ole girl apart for shipping? I am willing to pay for help and probably all the beer you can drink. This bird is going to South Florida to be a tow plane in Vero Beach. Thanks, Bob
Old August 14th 18, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

=
taking it apart to ship to Florida. Are there any glider guys out there
tha=
t would be willing to give me a hand in taking the ole girl apart for
shipp=
ing? I am willing to pay for help and probably all the beer you can

drink.
=
This bird is going to South Florida to be a tow plane in Vero Beach.
Thanks=
, Bob

Have you given any thought to flying it to FL?

RO

Old August 14th 18, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I was thinking the same. Crop dusters migrate from down south to up north each year. They don't disassemble and ship.
Granted, this is assuming the plane if currently flyable and current. One way airline ticket north, then a few days flying back to FL.
Probably cheaper and easier to do that.
Old August 14th 18, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Air Facts has a story about flying a Callair agplane from the factory to Equador. Florida was the last stateside stop.

The time it takes to drive a flatbed both ways plus disassamble and reassemble under A&P supervision looks an easy couple weeks longer than just flying the thing.
Old August 14th 18, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:00:41 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I was thinking the same. Crop dusters migrate from down south to up north each year. They don't disassemble and ship.
Granted, this is assuming the plane if currently flyable and current. One way airline ticket north, then a few days flying back to FL.
Probably cheaper and easier to do that.

Thanks guys for all the wisdom of flying the Pawnee back to Florida, I did that about 18 months ago from North Platte, Nebraska, only three weeks after a total knee replacement. If I were 100 percent certain about the ole girl I would fly it back myself. Bob
Old August 14th 18, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Get it inspected and fly it!Â* I just flew a Cessna 182 from Sandia East
Airpark (east of Albuquerque) to Yoder, KS (Sunflower Aerodrome) for a
friend who had retired and moved.Â* The plane had not been flown for 12
years before that flight.Â* Have another adventure or hire someone else
to fly it.

--
Dan, 5J