$98 per barrel oil

Old November 7th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default $98 per barrel oil

Jay Honeck wrote in news:1194466141.514812.211060
@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

The worst part is I dont see any end in sight.

Yeah, it's pretty funny when the Left cries that we're "In Iraq only
for the cheap oil!"

Damn, if this is the "cheap" oil, imagine how bad it would be if we
hadn't taken out Saddam?

Wow, you're wasting your life as a hotelier and promoter of Playstation
flying. You should be in politics.

Oh, and BTW, when did Alan Greenspan join the left, Mr Strawman?

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in news:1194465956.797757.251070
@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Maybe with another million troops we could occupy both Iran and Iraq
and get a special deal.

Don't worry. In 12 months we'll have Hillary pulling us out (literally
and figuaratively) of the Middle East, and then our kids will be
forced to return to fight the Islamo-Fascist Iranians in another
decade or two -- only by then they'll have nukes.

Alas, Jimmy Carter had the chance to fix this problem way back in
1979...
--

Yeah, but whiney assholes like you stoped that, didncha?

luscky thing Reagan came along to fund Osama, eh?

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

If the price of corn went to $10 an ear would people sit around
and bitch about their loss of purchasing power or would they
plant some corn in their yard and increase their net worth?

The United States has huge reserves of crude oil. As long as
we sit around with out thumb up our butt complaining and
and worshiping Owl Gore we will enjoy a continued lower US Dollar,
less purchasing power and make other countries rich.

An example of Stupidity.

Old November 7th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

kontiki wrote in news:ZgpYi.20300$ya1.9138
@news02.roc.ny:

Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

If the price of corn went to $10 an ear would people sit around
and bitch about their loss of purchasing power or would they
plant some corn in their yard and increase their net worth?

The United States has huge reserves of crude oil. As long as
we sit around with out thumb up our butt complaining and
and worshiping Owl Gore we will enjoy a continued lower US Dollar,
less purchasing power and make other countries rich.

An example of Stupidity.

in actual fact, by just about every index going your purchasing power is
vastly greater than at any period in the past.

Bertie

Old November 7th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Bertie you need to tell your doctor to increase the dosage.

Old November 7th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

in actual fact, by just about every index going your purchasing power is
vastly greater than at any period in the past.

Give some examples of how my purchasing power is increased as the
value of the dollar decreases? Remember its a global economy.

Old November 7th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

kontiki wrote in news:1BpYi.20501$B25.15142
@news01.roc.ny:

Bertie you need to tell your doctor to increase the dosage.

Do I now?

what do you think I should tell the doc to prescribe, a little of Huxley's
Soma?

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

kontiki wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

in actual fact, by just about every index going your purchasing power
is vastly greater than at any period in the past.

Give some examples of how my purchasing power is increased as the
value of the dollar decreases? Remember its a global economy.

Well, let's see, people make more money and stuff costs less.

'splain it for you?

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"aluckyguess" wrote in :

The worst part is I dont see any end in sight.

Of course there is an end in sight. The oil won't last forever and hat will
be an end to the problem of rising prices. The last barrel will be almost
priceless and the price will rise slowly and then exponentially until then.
Or it could become worthless grime when someone invents Mr Fusion.

Agree with you up to exponential. As costs rise demand will
eventually lower so that will slow it down a little. And the stuff
that is currently uneconomical to drill today will become economical
to drill at higher prices per barrel. But yeah sometime we do
completely run out - it just won't be sudden.

And Mr. Fusion is going to be a bitch to fit anyway. I just know the
plasma containment magnets aren't going to fit a O-320 engine mount.