Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 6th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature...ticle10866.htm

Well, looks like we have been slacking off on our duty... Get out
there and run those engines and warm things up....

Anyway, the comments on this article were fun to read...
Lots of knee jerk, spittle flying, diatribes... Weighted heavily
towards the Al Gore true believers of course, but also some ranters on
the the other side of the 'discussion'...

Then there are thoughtful perspectives and discussions of possible
other variables overweighting the burning of fossil fuels - soot /
solar output delta / what constitutes 'normal', etc... What
constitutes normal is a fascinating area for research... The one
poster hit the nail square on the head, when he commented that we
won't know what 'normal' temperatures and CO2 levels are during an
interglacial period, until roughly 500 years after we are back into
glaciation... Then we can look back and calculate what 'normal' was
supposed to be...

denny
Old March 6th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Lordy, lordy, Bill's browser is grodey to the max

Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b
Old March 7th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Facts don't matter, Denny. This "crisis" was never fact-based to begin
with, and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to sway the true
believers...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 7th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Facts don't matter, Denny. This "crisis" was never fact-based to begin
with, and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to sway the true
believers...
--

Most people want to believe the worst. Truth is this earth will be here way
after us.

Old March 7th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"aluckyguess" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Facts don't matter, Denny. This "crisis" was never fact-based to begin
with, and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to sway the true
believers...
--

Most people want to believe the worst. Truth is this earth will be here
way after us.
The only way to really control things is to limit the population and it
will be a long time before that happens.

Very true and, in the due course of time, we will part of the fossil fuel
reserves which for a future civilization--and the climate will continue to
change in cycles as the continents continue to shift.

Old March 7th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Facts don't matter, Denny. This "crisis" was never fact-based to
begin with, and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to
sway the true believers...
--

Most people want to believe the worst. Truth is this earth will be
here way after us.
The only way to really control things is to limit the population and
it will be a long time before that happens.

Very true and, in the due course of time, we will part of the fossil
fuel reserves which for a future civilization--and the climate will
continue to change in cycles as the continents continue to shift.

Later rather than soone, thank you very much.

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Facts don't matter, Denny. This "crisis" was never fact-based to begin
with,

Horse hockey.

and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to sway the true
believers...

Oh, the irony.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old March 7th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Denny" wrote:

Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Typical denier cherry picking. Take an unusually warm January, compare it
to an unusually cold January and declare that a century of warming has been
wiped out. Meanwhile, ignore the rest of graph that shows both the extreme
annual variability of the climate and the long term trend.

What will they say if January '08 is warmer, that global warming has started
again? I doubt it.

Meanwhile, back in the real world of science:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2007/

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/2007/...sen_etal_2.pdf

--
Dan
T-182T at 4R4

Old March 7th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 7, 11:58 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Denny" wrote:

Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Typical denier cherry picking. Take an unusually warm January, compare it
to an unusually cold January and declare that a century of warming has been
wiped out. Meanwhile, ignore the rest of graph that shows both the extreme
annual variability of the climate and the long term trend.

What will they say if January '08 is warmer, that global warming has started
again? I doubt it.

Meanwhile, back in the real world of science:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2007/

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/2007/...sen_etal_2.pdf

--
Dan
T-182T at 4R4

Oh brother...

Unless you haven't notice, there is no stasis in the Earth's climate,
just as there is no statis in geology, the sun, the planets, or
anything else.

There never has been and there never will be.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying, with the motivations varying from
power grab to increased research funding to old boy networking.

Humans adapt, period.

That's why the Inuit survived as well as the Masi. Hot or cold, dry or
wet, humans have adapted.

And thank God for indoor heating and air conditioning.

Global warming/climate change/the sky is falling is another load of
crap brought to you by Chicken Little and his/her cohorts.

And you cans end me all the NASA links you want -- because the only
thing they've not changed their collective bureaucratic minds on is
spin recovery and that icing is bad and killing astronauts is bad.

Dan

Old March 7th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Dan" wrote:

Oh brother...

Brilliant response. Bodes well for the rest of your post.

Unless you haven't notice, there is no stasis in the Earth's climate,
just as there is no statis in geology, the sun, the planets, or
anything else.

Uh, I have noticed. So?

There never has been and there never will be.

Well, so far you've mastered the obvious.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying, with the motivations varying from
power grab to increased research funding to old boy networking.

Who's saying otherwise besides your strawman?

Humans adapt, period.

So a 20-foot sea level rise over a couple hundred years would be just an
inconvenience. Right.

That's why the Inuit survived as well as the Masi. Hot or cold, dry or
wet, humans have adapted.

And thank God for indoor heating and air conditioning.

Global warming/climate change/the sky is falling is another load of
crap brought to you by Chicken Little and his/her cohorts.

Wow; that's right up there with your "oh brother..." comment. Is it unfair
of me to suspect that you haven't the faintest idea what you are talking
about?

And you cans end me all the NASA links you want -- because the only
thing they've not changed their collective bureaucratic minds on is
spin recovery and that icing is bad and killing astronauts is bad.

IOW, don't confuse you with facts. Fine.

--
Dan

"Did you just have a stroke and not tell me?"
- Jiminy Glick