Standard Oudi and smoke tinted canopy?

Old July 22nd 12, 10:31 PM
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

Default Standard Oudi and smoke tinted canopy?

Has anyone used the original OUDi under a smoke tinted thermotec canopy? My glider has a tinted canopy and the sun load seems much lower than a clear canopy.

Thanks,
Scott.
Old July 23rd 12, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

--
shkdriver

Scott,

I use my original Oudie under my clear no-tint canopy and in general don't have any issues seeing the screen. It is easier for me to see the details when I turn off the terrain background, which is not an issue for us flying here in the middle of the USA. I also have young eyes. I bet you'd see it just fine in your SHK but if you haven't decided before the Wichita vintage rally (you are coming, right???) then you're more than welcome to test it out with my original Oudie there.
Old July 23rd 12, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

I have

On Sunday, 22 July 2012 15:31:59 UTC-6, shkdriver wrote:
Has anyone used the original OUDi under a smoke tinted thermotec canopy?
My glider has a tinted canopy and the sun load seems much lower than a
clear canopy.

Thanks,

Scott.

--
shkdriver

I have a smoked Thermotec canopy on my ASW-20 and I use an original Oudie. It works great and is very easy to see and use. I am 53 years of age and my eyes are OK, I use glasses for reading and the PC.

Ron Gleason
Old July 23rd 12, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 22, 11:13*pm, Ron Gleason wrote:
I have

On Sunday, 22 July 2012 15:31:59 UTC-6, shkdriver *wrote:
Has anyone used the original OUDi under a smoke tinted thermotec canopy?
My glider has a tinted canopy and the sun load seems much lower than a
clear canopy.

Thanks,

Scott.

--
shkdriver

I have a smoked Thermotec canopy on my ASW-20 and I use an original Oudie.. *It works great and is very easy to see and use. *I am 53 years of age and my eyes are OK, I use glasses for reading and the PC.

Ron Gleason

Thanks for the replies, Tony & Ron,
I had some indecision about waiting for the bright OUDI, when I
realized that my tinted canopy may have allowed for the cheaper
original to work well.
I hope to make the VSA reggata in KS this fall.

Thanks,

Scott.
Old July 23rd 12, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Monday, July 23, 2012 12:04:46 AM UTC-5, shkdriver wrote:
On Jul 22, 11:13*pm, Ron Gleason > wrote:
> I have
>
> On Sunday, 22 July 2012 15:31:59 UTC-6, shkdriver *wrote:
> > Has anyone used the original OUDi under a smoke tinted thermotec canopy?
> > My glider has a tinted canopy and the sun load seems much lower than a
> > clear canopy.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Scott.
>
> > --
> > shkdriver
>
> I have a smoked Thermotec canopy on my ASW-20 and I use an original Oudie. *It works great and is very easy to see and use. *I am 53 years of age and my eyes are OK, I use glasses for reading and the PC.
>
> Ron Gleason

Thanks for the replies, Tony & Ron,
I had some indecision about waiting for the bright OUDI, when I
realized that my tinted canopy may have allowed for the cheaper
original to work well.
I hope to make the VSA reggata in KS this fall.

Thanks,

Scott.

great there should be a freshly restored Std. Austria there to go with the SHK.

Jantar Standard Canopy jmarc Soaring 9 August 22nd 17 04:13 AM
New Standard D25 - New Standard D25 sun n fun 2010 (Custom).jpg Glen in Orlando Aviation Photos 0 April 22nd 10 11:49 PM
Tinted canopies desirable? Itsaplane[_2_] Soaring 15 August 11th 09 01:45 PM
Smoke Oil nametab Aerobatics 0 February 11th 04 12:05 AM
Mecaplex and DG recommend tinted John Galloway Soaring 0 September 14th 03 03:50 PM