Contact Komet

Old July 19th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum

Default Contact Komet

Is Anschau Komet on vacation? I have sent them emails over the past week and a half, no response yet.
Trying to find source for gas struts-no specs on current ones (1985) Komet V trailer.

Also need to weld some frame cracks--trying to find the type of alloy--assume 6061 but ??

Thanks
Old July 19th 12, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

if you can identify the gas struts http://www.bansbach.com/ I believe can
math these up for you as I think they may even be the supplier to both Komet
and Cobra, if not they can cross reference the struts and match a set for
you, they have USA office also that I know others have contacted for
replacement gas struts for trailers
http://www.bansbach.com/index-usa.htm
tim

Old July 19th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:40:51 PM UTC-4, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
Is Anschau Komet on vacation? I have sent them emails over the past week and a half, no response yet.
Trying to find source for gas struts-no specs on current ones (1985) Komet V trailer.

Also need to weld some frame cracks--trying to find the type of alloy--assume 6061 but ??

Thanks

And yeah, it's not unlikely that they are on vacation this time of year. I remember trips to southern Germany as a kid, and whole towns were closed (though usually in August).

P3
Old July 20th 12, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wheaton

Contact Knott GmbH on their web site. They are great support. 60 Euro Komet wants 90 euro. Look at the data plate on the tougue for the specifics part number. 87 000 ... Quick shipping more the shock. If you want you can call me to discuss. Express shipping 5 days.
Old July 20th 12, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:44:46 PM UTC-6, Papa3 wrote:
And yeah, it's not unlikely that they are on vacation this time of year. I remember trips to southern Germany as a kid, and whole towns were closed (though usually in August).

Do these guys know how to relax or what?

Komet III wheel info Gary Emerson Soaring 2 February 4th 09 03:14 AM
Komet Trailer gas struts HL Falbaum[_2_] Soaring 13 February 1st 09 01:05 PM
Old Komet Trailer thermalrider Soaring 7 October 11th 08 04:13 PM
KOMET Trailer Cradle [email protected] Soaring 3 September 27th 04 04:33 AM