What happens if you fly towards space ?

Old November 3rd 03, 11:31 PM
C J Campbell

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

| "Stan J. Lefosi" wrote in message
| om...
| | will you enter earth´s orbit?
|
| Been watching "The Mouse that Roared" lately?

I meant the sequel, "The Mouse on the Moon."

Old November 4th 03, 04:29 AM
Mike O'Malley

"g n p" wrote in message
Have a helo pilot friend, says above 500 ft agl he feels oxygen starvation,
space motion sickness, gravity effects, etc.
Oh boy.......

After two seasons of banner towing, anything over 800' was "High altitude." And
anything over 55 mph was breakneck speed. And a 100 mile route was a long
flight into indian country.

Though the ag pilots I talked to really have it- they were telling me they get
nosebleeds above 50' :-)

--
Mike

Old November 7th 03, 08:33 AM
Mxsmanic

Mackfly writes:

That is why the GLIDER altitude record is just a tad under 50,000 feet.
Never got over 18,300 feet myself.

It's conceivable that a glider could fly at just about any altitude that
can be attained by dust or other solid matter, if the glider were
ideally constructed. The higher the altitude, the more difficult it is
to construct such a glider, though. I can easily understand a glider
with a higher ceiling than a powered aircraft, simply because the lack
of a power plant greatly reduces the weight of the aircraft.

Still, 50,000 feet is very impressive!

Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
Rules on what can be in a hangar Brett Justus Owning 13 February 27th 04 05:35 PM
OT (sorta): Bush Will Announce New Space Missions Dav1936531 Military Aviation 0 January 9th 04 10:34 AM
for mr. pethukov ( Bush May Announce Return To Moon At Kitty Hawk) captain! Military Aviation 6 October 30th 03 05:11 PM
Strategic Command Missions Rely on Space Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 30th 03 09:59 PM