Girard-Perregaux - extreme watch engineering

Old October 31st 05, 09:20 AM
Gordon

Default Girard-Perregaux - extreme watch engineering

This brand is a highly esteemed within all circles of watch making in
the world. The brand was established in 1856 by Constant Girard and his
wife Marie Perregaux. They were both from families with strong bonds to
the watch making world allowing a fruitful collaboration. Their main
interest was in engineering and architecture and they soon delivered a
fascinating product to the world of watches.

The company was started in Chaux-de-Fonds on the in collaboration with
Jacques Bautte and Jean Samuel Rossel. This was a fortunate move as
they started from a solid cultural and industrial legacy. Soon enough
their reputation was enough for the Emperor Wilhelm I of Germany to
order 2,000 wris****ches from Girard-Perregaux. This was the first mass
production of wris****ches ever.

The greatest invention of the brand was the Tourbillon with three gold
bridges which encompassed extreme watch making technique. The watch
itself was a stunning appearance and watchmakers all over the world
acclaimed its appearance.

Another important development for the industry of watches is the
revolutionary movements created during 70s and 80s. Some of these
inventions a the Gyromatic, the high-frequency mechanical movements
(a collectible in its own right) and the standard for quartz movement:
32,768 Hertz.

These watches have great value today as they are painstakingly well
crafted. Girard-Perregaux Company started to make great profits once
again as they put more money into research and started manufacturing
all their parts. A replica watch will look close to the original -
you can even find Girard-Perregaux replica watch, too.

There is a philosophy with these watches: you don't wear them to show
off but they are a state of mind acknowledging the importance of your
personal life time. Unfortunately these timepieces easily hit $10,000
thus not being accessible to most of the people. But we have the
solution: our replica watches that feature Swiss movement engine. Our
watches are of high quality and are designed to match 99%
Girard-Perregaux watches.

For more information please visit http://www.lookrichforless.com/

Old October 31st 05, 03:21 PM
Steve Foley

I looked at your site, but couldn't find the info I want. Do you sell plans
to these watches, or only kits.

I'm interested in a homebuilt version.

oups.com...

Old October 31st 05, 09:15 PM

Steve Foley wrote:
I looked at your site, but couldn't find the info I want. Do you sell plans
to these watches, or only kits.

Dear Steve,

You may have missed the point. Gordon is giving us the opportunity to
spend $10,000 for a wrist-watch that is almost as accurate as a $3
Casio. This brand of economics is keenly attuned to the modern-day
version of grass-roots aviation and the EAA's managerial philosophy.

-R.S.Hoover

Old October 31st 05, 11:06 PM
Steve Foley

Duh! (Sound of hand slapping forehead).

How could I have missed that?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old November 1st 05, 02:06 AM

You can buy a replica of just about any expensive watch on the streets
of many third world cities. I'd rather have a Casio or Seiko. Much more
reliable. I remember a co-worker buying a replica from a vendor in
Egypt. It lasted all of a day.

David Johnson

Old November 1st 05, 01:26 PM
Steve Foley

I know I can *buy* a replica of anything I want, but this is a homebuilt
newsgroup. I want a homebuilt watch.

oups.com...

Old November 1st 05, 03:18 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:26:01 GMT, "Steve Foley"
wrote:

I know I can *buy* a replica of anything I want, but this is a homebuilt
newsgroup. I want a homebuilt watch.

my watch is homebuilt.
originally I thought it was just me being a dag but no, honestly it is
homebuilt.
I took an all plastic cased Lorus that I'm particularly fond of and
ditched the stupid broken band. I lost the pin from one side doing
this ( I found it about two months later but it looked so inferior to
my homebuilt one that I put it in a trinkets bowl somewhere)
I bought a $3.00 velcro sports band that fitted the wrist beautifully.
I used genuine aircraft grade untwisted lockwire from the floor of my
mates hangar and attached the watch to the band.
actually while I was admiring the lockwire I decided to ditch the
other pin and it too now resides in a trinket bowl somewhere.
the lockwire both sides sorta achieves an aesthetic balance.

I used to hide my homebuilt watch but I now wear it with pride. It has
navigated me across Australia and back on 5 occasions now and if any
******* even looks like turning his nose up at it ...well they get the
full trips across australia history.
in fact it worked so well that I converted my other Lorus to a
homebuilt watch and it travels on the other wrist set in zulu time.

so steve you too can have a homebuilt watch and wear it with pride.
my suggestion is that you hunt out a Lorus brand. they are the cheap
version put out by Seiko. Dead reliable. both mine are on to the third
or fourth battery.
the lumibright backgrounds are particularly worth getting. if you fly
under a dark cloud they shine so brightly that you can actually use
them to illuminate instruments.(truely!)

Stealth Pilot
Australia.
Old November 1st 05, 05:51 PM

wmbjk wrote:

Those $3 plastic watches are useless for trimming out a heavy wing
condition or for banging on a recalcitrant weather radar screen.

Back before they had plastic watches, back when I usta drive other
people's airplanes, I bought myself a Breitling 'Navitimer' serial
#806; the one with all the dials and an E6-B on the bezel soz everyone
would know I wuz a Daring Aviator.

It proved to be an accurate, reliable time-piece (and still is) but
after seeing similar watches being worn by all the yuppies and hangar
pilots I stopped wearing it to aviation functions. Instead, I wear a
Timex, the one where Mickey helps you figger out the time :-)

-R.S.Hoover

Old November 1st 05, 08:03 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article J1K9f.12$Ul3.11@trndny07,
Steve Foley wrote:
I know I can *buy* a replica of anything I want, but this is a homebuilt
newsgroup. I want a homebuilt watch.

See: http://www.klockit.com

Of course, if you wear one of those when you go walking down the street,
you may find people telling jokes about you. *grin*

If you want a 'fast-build' kit, there is a book sold (don't have the ISBN
handy) where the pages include punch-out parts that you fold up/together
and end up with a working time-piece.