Oshkosh Housing ... Hell Of a Deal

Old May 14th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default Oshkosh Housing ... Hell Of a Deal

After 33 years in the hot sweaty UW-O dorms, Gail and I decided to venture
far afield to see what was available in the area.

One of our brethren in this ng emailed me about a very nice Bed'n'Breakfast
he found in Waupaca. I checked it out and it seemed like a hell of a deal.
$100 a night for two, $110 a night for four. Two separate bedrooms, one
kitchen, one living room, one bathroom. Separate quiet cottage environment.

One of the other brethren (Jim Burns, God bless you) offered the use of his
second vehicle for transportation between Waupaca and Wittman Field
(Oshkosh). The Waupaca airport has abundant tiedowns and overflow if you
bring your own tiedowns. No sweating the gaggle arrival to Oshkosh.

That means that we have an extra bedroom (twin beds) with breakfast and a
really pretty setting (www.greenfountaininn.com) in Waupaca.

Air conditioned. Country breakfast. Transportation to and from OSH. $40 a
night for two people Sunday - Wednesday. $160 for four nights. Cash in
advance. No refunds.

Schedule ... we depart Iowa City after Jay and Mary's Saturday night bash
and get to Waupaca on Sunday about noon. I have to go get my Kitplanes
credentials and the auto parking pass on Sunday afternoon.

Monday we get to the field somewhere around 8 or 9 (negotiable). Gail and I
have a morning forum. I've got a club dinner on Monday night but can stop
back by the field around 9 pm or so to get you back to Waupaca.

Tuesday we have nothing really going on, so schedule is negotiable. We
might be going up to the cheese factory north of Oshkosh, and you are most
welcome to come along. Otherwise, we can drop you off at OSH and pick you
up on the way home.

Wednesday we get to the field somewhere around 8 or 9 (negotiable). Gail
and I have a mid-day forum and will be going back to Waupaca in the late
afternoon.

Thursday we depart Waupaca early morning in the blueonblue Cessna and will
make any arrangements you want thereafter.

First come, first served ...

Jim

Wednesday

Old May 14th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Darrel Toepfer

"RST Engineering" wrote:

First come, first served ...

Jim

Wednesday

See you there Jim... Thanks...

My last name at gmail hotmail or bellsouthdotnet are all valid as well as
replying to this one, but its heavily filtered...
Old May 14th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)
One of the other brethren (Jim Burns, God bless you) offered the use of
his second vehicle for transportation between Waupaca and Wittman Field
(Oshkosh). The Waupaca airport has abundant tiedowns and overflow if you
bring your own tiedowns. No sweating the gaggle arrival to Oshkosh.

Another brethren (me silly) has found you a "large" hanger at the Waupaca
airport to store your BlueonBlue 182 for the week.

("99.5% sure" is what the hangar owner said to me 5 minutes ago, on the
phone - very nice people)

E-mail me on the Bat Channel for contact info.

Montblack
"Back channel" ....whatever :-)

(at) vi
si (do) t
co (m)

Old May 14th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Wednesday we get to the field somewhere around 8 or 9 (negotiable). Gail
and I have a mid-day forum and will be going back to Waupaca in the late
afternoon.

Hey -- don't forget Wednesday after the air show will be the 5th
Annual Rec.Aviation H.O.P.S. Party at our campsite!

If you're not there, we'll all talk about ya like a dog...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 14th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Hey -- don't forget Wednesday after the air show will be the 5th Annual
Rec.Aviation H.O.P.S. Party at our campsite!

Rec.Aviation H.O.P.S. ??

Montblack g

Old May 14th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

And Darryl is THE WINNAH of the second room. What a newsgroup. What great
friends we find.

Jim

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
. 18...
"RST Engineering" wrote:

First come, first served ...

Jim

Wednesday

See you there Jim... Thanks...

Old May 14th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Oh, my. This is getting better and better. Send me more info, Montblack.

Jim

("RST Engineering" wrote)

Old May 14th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

We were gonna leave Wednesday right after the forum, but when Jim Burns came
through with the wheels and Montblack came through with the hangar, how
could we leave friends like that without a party.

Jim

ups.com...

Old May 14th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Luke Skywalker

On May 13, 7:41 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
[...]

Totally off topic...a friend who was "hanging up" the flying business
(he is 90!) gave me (I helped take down his Ham radio tower...he and
his wife are moving to a condo) for not a lot of money RST's marker
beacon kit.

First kit of RST's I've built. Worked first time, and it is well
engineered. Instructions are well done etc.

I am a pretty advanced builder. lots of heathkits, some homemade amps
up to 70cm...but it is an easy build for a novice.

Well Done

Robert

Old May 14th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Montblack wrote:

Rec.Aviation H.O.P.S. ??

Montblack g

Yeah, somebody has some 'splainin to do :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado