Oshkosh Housing ... Hell Of a Deal

Old May 14th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Default Oshkosh Housing ... Hell Of a Deal

RST Engineering wrote:
We were gonna leave Wednesday right after the forum, but when Jim Burns came
through with the wheels and Montblack came through with the hangar, how
could we leave friends like that without a party.

I know, I know...anybody can follow another airplane. Though that
blue-on-blue paint scheme does tend to blend into the sky rather well.

Hey -- don't forget Wednesday after the air show will be the 5th
Annual Rec.Aviation H.O.P.S. Party at our campsite!

If you're not there, we'll all talk about ya like a dog...

Don't forget Jay, we'll toast his chair...again!
And I don't get honorable mention as wingman? Sure, I see how it is :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old May 14th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Rec.Aviation H.O.P.S. ??

Yeah, somebody has some 'splainin to do :-)

We're waiting for the official "Post from the Host"
(...sometime next week, I suspect)

Until that time, I can say that H.O.P.S. stands for:
rec.aviation: Homebuilt Owning Piloting Student

Montblack
Let's go to the H.O.P.S.
Let's go to the H.O.P.S.... (oh baby)
Let's go to the H.O.P.S.... (oh baby)
Let's go to the H.O.P.S.
Come on, let's go to the H.O.P.S.

Bah-bah-bah-bah, Bah-bah-bah-bah
Bah-bah-bah-bah, Bah-bah-bah-bah, @ the H.O.P.S.!

Old May 14th 07, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)
Oh, my. This is getting better and better. Send me more info, Montblack.

Info sent to you at your RST Engineering account, in two e-mails .

Montblack

Old May 14th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Jim,
Just say the word and the car will be waiting at Y50. Wautoma can easily be
"on the way" to and from OSH/Waupaca.

Jim Burns

Old May 14th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Just say the word and the car will be waiting at Y50. Wautoma can easily
be "on the way" to and from OSH/Waupaca.

His (possible) hangar is in Waupaca (KPCZ)
http://skyvector.com/#21-5-3-3221-3571

He's staying in Waupaca.

But his car will be in Wautoma. Hmm?

Waut am I missing here? :-)

Montblack
http://www.airnav.com/airport/PCZ
Nearby radio Nav Aid from the Waupaca Airport:

(AUW) WAUSAU VORTAC
WAUSAU, WI

radial/distance
r140/39.2

Freq: 111.60

Var: 02E

Old May 14th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Mis read on my part. Obviously I had a FROM indication in my mental OBS.
Needle's centered now.
Jim Burns

("Jim Burns" wrote)

Old May 14th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Mis read on my part. Obviously I had a FROM indication in my mental OBS.
Needle's centered now.

You were out tipping cows last night, weren't you?

How's planting season going? You down to 18 hour days yet?

Montblack

Old May 14th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Since we finished planting potatoes, my days have centered around
packing/shipping last year's crop and nights centered around piling up A&P
hours. We have crews planting both sweet corn and beans now, but schedules
are staggered to allow for a staggered plant maturity and ultimately a
staggered harvest. Peas and field corn are all in.
Jim

("Jim Burns" wrote)

Old May 14th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"LS" == Luke Skywalker writes:
LS RST's marker beacon kit.

My Aircoupe came with the RST marker beacon kit built and installed by
the previous owner, an instrument-rated electrical engineer. I'm a
VFR guy so don't use it, but every so often will flip it on for a few
seconds to warm the circuits. Still lights up at maybe 10 years old.
One time on a BFR we flew an instrument approach at a local airport
and it still worked. Nice little item.
--
"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."
Old May 14th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

And if that doesn't whet your appetite, you could us I.H.O.P.S... Rec. IFR,
Homebuilt, Owning, Piloting, Student... but I think IHOPS is already
taken...

mmm hungry now.
Jim