New blood

Old November 7th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
rps

Default New blood

Peter Duniho wrote:
I, for one, am extremely happy to see those new pilots. Not only for the
good news of their training and/or checkrides, but also for the broadening
of the quality of this newsgroup that their presence is sure to bring.

It's always nice to welcome (at least virtually) new pilots here. As
they continue their education via experience and additional training, I
hope they increase the number of piloting-related postings here as
compared to simulator-related postings, which really ought to be moved
to rec.aviation.simulators.

If the other rec.aviation.* newsgroups are not as active, perhaps we
should collapse them again to just rec.aviation. (As an aside, I
believe the person who originally convinced us to expand rec.aviation
to rec.aviation.* in the late '90s recently passed away in a crash.)

Old November 7th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Is anybody actually watching the new "Battlestar Galactica"? ;-) Great
series.

Yes, I am.

--
Peter
Old November 7th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
Okay, rather than replying to the individual arrivals' threads, I felt
compelled to start this new one. Is it just me, or is there a palpable
feeling of freshness around here? A certain simmer notwithstanding, it
seems to me that in the recent month or so, we've gotten at least three
other new "faces" in the newsgroup.

I, for one, am extremely happy to see those new pilots. Not only for the
good news of their training and/or checkrides, but also for the broadening
of the quality of this newsgroup that their presence is sure to bring.

Three may not seem like a lot, but when it comes down to it, it's not like
we have a huge number of regular posters here anyway (just a good bunch of
prolific individuals ). Three more people represents a significant
increase in the number of active newsgroup posters (which I'm guessing to
number only around 20 or 30), and I may easily have missed one or two
other new names (and my apologies if I've done so).

It's my sincere hope that we can avoid scaring them off , and that they
will be with us for a long time to come. I expect this newsgroup, already
a decent one in its own right, to be better for it.

Amen?

Pete

AMEN.

I particularly enjoy the folks who have just soloed, and those with fesh
ink. As Dudley said: "How many times today have you dug out the ticket and
looked at it?"

Keep them coming guys.

Al G

Old November 7th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 7 Nov 2006 08:28:28 -0800, "rps" wrote in
. com:

If the other rec.aviation.* newsgroups are not as active, perhaps we
should collapse them again to just rec.aviation.

I don't see any advantage to doing that.

Old November 7th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Peter,

Yes, I am.

So I hope my try at a little inside joke was funny...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 7th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Thomas Borchert wrote:

So I hope my try at a little inside joke was funny...

Your little frackin' joke? It was good for a frackin' chuckle.

--
Peter
Frackin' A.
Old November 7th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Gene,

Is that a high wing "So say we all" or a low wing "So say we all"?

Is anybody actually watching the new "Battlestar Galactica"? ;-) Great
series.

I am. For those that saw the original and either liked it or thought it was
silly, the new version has very little in common with the original and this
season has even less.

Old November 7th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Peter,

Your little frackin' joke? It was good for a frackin' chuckle.

Frack, man, the frackin' toasters were all over us. ;-)

To the lurkers: It's really a surprisingly deep story, even if we don't
make it seem so.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 7th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Gig,

I am. For those that saw the original and either liked it or thought it was
silly, the new version has very little in common with the original and this
season has even less.

You mean, there are people that haven't seen the original???

I agree with you. I view it as something completely new. And it's pretty good,
IMHO. Although I'm sure glad they finally got off that frackin' planet. That
was boring.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 7th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Peter,

Your little frackin' joke? It was good for a frackin' chuckle.

Frack, man, the frackin' toasters were all over us. ;-)

To the lurkers: It's really a surprisingly deep story, even if we don't
make it seem so.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

And it gave us a great frakin' curse word we can use in mixed company.