Another red letter day in Iowa

Old November 9th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Another red letter day in Iowa

Yesterday...

- Our 17-year-old son passed his written exam for the private...and
scheduled his private pilot checkride...

- The medical examiner foolishly extended my flight privileges for
another 24 months...

We didn't get to go flying, but all in all, not a bad day...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 9th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

john smith wrote:
In article .com,
Jay Honeck wrote:

- Our 17-year-old son passed his written exam for the private...and
scheduled his private pilot checkride...

Just in time to learn how to do it all over again, this time in the
snow and ice!

My question is how long before he solos Atlas?

Old November 9th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
TheSmokingGnu

Jay Honeck wrote:
We didn't get to go flying, but all in all, not a bad day...

Where do you like to store your red letters? I used to jar them and put
them up in the pantry, but I've found they don't keep very well. If you
try to store them in the fridge, the cold makes all the juice run out,
and I simply don't have enough recipes around to make anything more
than, say, Red letter soup or Red letter au gratin.

Congrats to the both of you.

TheSmokingGnu
Old November 10th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

And now, Jay, you'll be taking instructions, whether you want to or
not, from a 17 year old. And in `199 hours total time he'll take off
with a designated examiner and return rated for instruments.

And you? Asking your son to ferry you somewhere. . . .

Life can be cruel.

Old November 10th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Yesterday...

- Our 17-year-old son passed his written exam for the private...and
scheduled his private pilot checkride...

- The medical examiner foolishly extended my flight privileges for
another 24 months...

We didn't get to go flying, but all in all, not a bad day...

And soon he will be getting his instrument rating ... and Jay will still
be thinking about it! :-)

Matt
Old November 10th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

And soon he will be getting his instrument rating ... and Jay will still be thinking about it! :-)

His =daughter= will get an instrument rating before Jay does.

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.
Old November 10th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:09:13 -0500, john smith
wrote:

His =daughter= will get an instrument rating before Jay does.

But Jay still gets to log the time as safety pilot.

But he has to pay for it.

The best safety pilot time is *free* loggable time! G
Old November 10th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

B A R R Y wrote in
:

wrote:

His =daughter= will get an instrument rating before Jay does.

But Jay still gets to log the time as safety pilot.

But he has to pay for it.

The best safety pilot time is *free* loggable time! G

No, it's th eones you get paid for and it's stil not worth it.

Bertie
Old November 10th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:40:34 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

No, it's th eones you get paid for and it's stil not worth it.

One can back out of the "free" stuff more easily. G
Old November 10th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

B A R R Y wrote in
:

wrote:

No, it's th eones you get paid for and it's stil not worth it.

One can back out of the "free" stuff more easily. G

True!

Bertie

A Red-Letter Day in Iowa Jay Honeck Piloting 41 September 6th 07 10:56 PM
Letter from TSA? Emily Piloting 14 August 14th 06 11:33 PM
Eastern Iowa Big Kids Toy Show in Iowa City this coming weekend Jay Honeck Home Built 0 May 16th 05 03:27 PM
Eastern Iowa Big Kids Toy Show in Iowa City this coming weekend Jay Honeck Piloting 0 May 16th 05 03:27 PM
Letter from TSA Rosspilot Piloting 2 November 20th 03 01:12 AM