An All Around Great Day!

Old April 9th 14, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default An All Around Great Day!

Today's weather in Moriarty wasn't much for long flights but my day headed
in a different direction anyway. Today I completed my checkout in my new
(to me) Pipistrel Sinus 912, a 15 meter touring motorglider, registered
Experimental, Exhibition and Racing. After getting my logbook endorsed, I
made another 3 takeoffs and landings solo before my wife arrived.

As we were heading out to the plane, we stopped by the gas pump to look at
the low wing motorglider sitting at the pump. What to my surprise but to
meet Eric G. on his way to Washington from Florida! We had lunch together
and then each took off and went our separate ways.

A good day... I got 3 hours and 12 landings. Tomorrow, I'm taking my wife
up again early in the morning and then I have a full schedule of towing. My
LAK will be sleeping until Friday.

Old April 9th 14, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:24:15 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Today's weather in Moriarty wasn't much for long flights but my day headed

in a different direction anyway. Today I completed my checkout in my new

(to me) Pipistrel Sinus 912, a 15 meter touring motorglider, registered

Experimental, Exhibition and Racing. After getting my logbook endorsed, I

made another 3 takeoffs and landings solo before my wife arrived.

As we were heading out to the plane, we stopped by the gas pump to look at

the low wing motorglider sitting at the pump. What to my surprise but to

meet Eric G. on his way to Washington from Florida! We had lunch together

and then each took off and went our separate ways.

A good day... I got 3 hours and 12 landings. Tomorrow, I'm taking my wife

up again early in the morning and then I have a full schedule of towing. My

LAK will be sleeping until Friday.

Excellent. Congrats Dan.
Old April 9th 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you for the happy post. You are probably in the vanguard of what most soaring will be in 25 years. Safe Soaring!

Chuck Zabinski
Old April 11th 14, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

An enviable dilemma. Too many airplanes and too little time. Congrats!

Perhaps your wife will move on to the LAK and claim some NM records.
Old April 11th 14, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo... That's MINE!

my great wish Aussie Male Piloting 0 January 28th 11 10:19 PM
A great GA day Dave Dougherty Piloting 1 September 17th 07 11:35 AM
Great little old notebook computer, works great with AOPA's flight planner, email, internet Cecil Chapman Products 0 January 14th 06 04:34 PM
Ain't War Great? ArtKramr Military Aviation 9 August 21st 04 01:04 PM
a great guy vox news Military Aviation 0 August 13th 03 02:47 PM