New Orleans: Fly low and slow over Convention Center to air drop?

Old September 2nd 05, 05:55 AM
Darrel Toepfer

Default New Orleans: Fly low and slow over Convention Center to air drop?

wrote:

One girl has been raped.

Two from what I read from a first responder, this was inside the
Superdome... The dead showed up on teevee today but they were there
before that from what was said as well...
Old September 2nd 05, 06:02 AM

The Convention Center is not the same place as the SuperDome.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=conven...tart=0&hl= en

Old September 2nd 05, 06:37 AM
sfb

School is still out on the suicide. There are reports the person was
just trying to jump from level to level.

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message

The Convention Center is not the same place as the SuperDome.

Mybad:

"30 people have now died in the Superdome, including one suicide and
there have been at least 2 rapes."

Old September 2nd 05, 06:46 AM

Let's try and keep this topic focused on getting an air drop arranged.

These people need water purification kits NOW. They have no drinkable
water. They are not being served by the rescue services. There is no
bottled water.

If I can't find someone here willing to step up and help, where should
I look for a pilot and plane?

Old September 2nd 05, 12:18 PM
Denny

The only thing you will get to drop is on your face on a runway with a
knee in your back. You are so far behind the curve I'm not even going
to waste time attempting to explain it to you... You get a blue star
for good intentions and definitely a zero for knowledge... Do a lot
more reading my friend.. Start with learning the meaning of what
restricted airspace is, and then look up what action you had better
take when an F16 fires a flare across your nose...

denny

Old September 2nd 05, 02:31 PM

I am familiar with restricted airspace. I live in Washington DC and
have seen his multicoloured maps of the area.

For New Orleans, obivously when the Pres visits or flies over is not
the time to be in the air space. I personally think he shouldn't visit
the area now. If he really does want to visit, he could slip in
'undercover' in a National Guard uniform. After he leaves if could be
made public.

As for being forced to land, I would take that and run with it
publically. It would embarrass the government that they haven't yet run
a few C-130's over the area and kicked out MRE pallets and water kits.

This is not rock science. At the current speed of evactions, many
survivers will be dead by the time a bus arrives for them.

Blanket the damn area with MREs and water kits from the sky.

Old September 2nd 05, 02:35 PM

The kits have picture diagrams for usage on the packaging.

Once one person figures out how to make drinkable water, I'm sure
others will copy what he/she did.