Why GA is Dying

Old July 27th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_1_]

Default Why GA is Dying

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Grumman-581 wrote:
snip

Women are expected to be carrying purses...

That's what everyone says until they see the size of my purse. TINY.

Purses are cheap. Get as bigger one.

My wife's purse is a lethal weapon in its own right.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old July 27th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default POL Why GA is Dying

That philosophy ultimately failed for King George III's club. Curse those
impudent guests! ;-)

No, those weren't guests, they were members. They formed their own club.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old July 27th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Grumman-581 wrote in
:

You would rather be killed by one of your kitchen knives? That's
probably more statically likely...

It wouldn't surprise me if Senator Dianne Feinstein knew that, she'd
have a bill in congress requiring registering kitchen knives.

Old July 27th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Grumman-581" wrote

We are still left with a lot of laws due to the
oppression that resulted during Reconstruction after the War of
Northern Aggression... Slowly, we're throwing off this yoke of
oppression, but we're not quite there yet...

When, in the H*LL are you going to get off of the Civil War? It has been
over for a long, long time.

If you have not had time to cure _any_ problems resulting from it, there is
not a lot positive to say about your resourcefulness.

It must suck, having to blame all of your shortcomings, on something that
happened so many long years ago.

No, it must just suck to be you, and all that believe like you. Broken
record, broken record.

GET a LIFE!
--
Jim in NC

Old July 27th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Emily" wrote

Barf. I HATE the idea of mandatory military duty. **** that.

Do you kiss you mother with that mouth?

Sheesh. Really lady-like. Turns me on, so.

Not.
--
Jim in NC
Old July 27th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Morgans" wrote:
"Jay Beckman" wrote

You're taking a pretty good leap of faith that "Emily" is even a
female...

This is Usenet after all.

Since the gender of the person making an argument is not relevant to its
validity, this amounts to an ad hominem.

It does not matter, now. I already had my finger hovering over the
I was tired of what seemed to be a willingness to
argue, just for the sake of argument.

Since not all of Emily's posts have been argumentative, I think you're
seeing something that isn't there. I've been reading Usenet since 1988 and
I hate to say this, since you may vehemently disagree, but Emily appears to
be no more argumentative than you. And IMHO neither of you seem to qualify
for that special group of genuinely argumentative Usenetters.

The foul mouth kicked me over the edge.

Then unless you've plonked Skywise and Matt Barrow, I think you're engaging
in a case of special pleading. Consider this sampling found via Google's
archives:

"I act like this because I DON'T WANT OT ****ING DIE BECAUSE OF SOME ****
HEAD THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE." -- Skywise

"Grow the **** up, America!!" -- Matt Barrow

"I HATE the idea of mandatory military duty. **** that." -- Emily

All seem to be using language to make their feelings known. I see nothing
wrong with that per se. She wrote "**** that," not "**** you." In my very
humble opinion that's mild compared to what Matt and Skywise have written.
YMMV.
Old July 27th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Just a guess, your early 20s, 5'6", blonde and have a
cellphone attached at the ear. Some pervert saw you in your
airline uniform and got your tag number. You've just become
a stalking victim and don't even know it yet. But he knows
where you work and live and he will follow you until he gets
up the nerve to make contact. Hope you have more than that
cellphone.

This lady was anti-gun until her best friend was murdered,
now she is 100% pro-gun...
The Paxton Quigley Web Page The 2000 Annie Oakley Award was
presented to noted women's self-defense instructor and
author Paxton Quigley during the Women's Shooting Sports
Foundation's ...
www.paxtonquigley.com/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Also...
Massad ayoob, lethal force institute, ammunition sales,
handgun ... massad ayoob, lethal force institute, ammunition
sales, handgun ammunition, rifle ammunition, discount
ammunition, wholesale ammunition, cheap ammunition, ...
www.ayoob.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
| Morgans wrote:
| snip
|
| That only works for a request for one individual person,
right? If so, why
| do you think a crook would want to single out you?
|
| Dunno. The last I heard, someone filed for the entire
Texas list.

Old July 27th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

It is worth reading for anyone who has or is thinking about
buy or using a gun for self-defense [Massad Ayoob's book IN
THE GRAVEST EXTREME ].
Massad ayoob, lethal force institute, ammunition sales,
handgun ... massad ayoob, lethal force institute, ammunition
sales, handgun ammunition, rifle ammunition, discount
ammunition, wholesale ammunition, cheap ammunition, ...
www.ayoob.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. Take time to
read Dilbert daily.

"Grumman-581" wrote
in message
| On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:48:31 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
| BTW, have you read Massad Ayoob's book IN THE GRAVEST
| EXTREME ?
|
| Nope... Seems like these days, all I get to read are some
sort of
| technical manuals or publications... Recreational reading
for me of

Old July 27th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Jay Beckman" wrote

You're taking a pretty good leap of faith that "Emily" is even a female...

This is Usenet after all.

Chuckle. Yeah, that's true.

I was about to think that Emilie is really another one of Lynne's names.
She has said she has been around for a while.

It does not matter, now. I already had my finger hovering over the plonk
button. I was tired of what seemed to be a willingness to argue, just for
the sake of argument. The foul mouth kicked me over the edge.

You know, I've been a construction worker for many years. I can cuss with
the best of them. Foul language does not really offend me.

What offends me is people that do not know, and respect,t the proper place
to use a little more discretion in the words they choose to use, and not
use.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 27th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Jim Macklin opined

Interesting fact... Between the 1930 and 1960s, airline
pilots were required to carry a gun to protect the mail.
The mailman carried a bag with a holster inside. Then LBJ's
postmaster took the guns away from the mailman and thus the
gun ceased to be required for the pilot. While pilots were
armed, several hijacking attempts were stopped. At the post

Do you have any documentation on this? I would love to be able to use this fact!

office, no worker "went postal" until after the policy
changed and the workers did not have weapons.

Gun free zones and workplaces equal unarmed victims, easy
targets.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?