A close call...

Old October 3rd 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default A close call...

My ex-Wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started
and she got here license shortly before our divorce was final, later that
same year.

Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was
piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Texas
because of bad weather. Thank God our kids were with me at the Beach House
this weekend.

The NTSB issued a preliminary report citing pilot error: The VFR rated
pilot's continued flight in to instrument conditions. She was flying a
single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while
only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating).

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on
board. No one on the ground was injured.

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her
aircraft.

http://tinyurl.com/2arevd

--
Dallas
Old October 3rd 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Dallas wrote:

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her
aircraft.

http://tinyurl.com/2arevd

nice

Old October 3rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Now I know who stole my wife's aircraft! Not to worry, she's upgraded to a
high performance model.
Jim

Old October 3rd 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 3 Oct, 22:18, Dallas wrote:
My ex-Wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started
and she got here license shortly before our divorce was final, later that
same year.

Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was
piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Texas

****, hardly anyone survives southern texas!

Bertie

Old October 4th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article 7927e6fbfa3fd@uwe,
"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:

Dallas wrote:

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her
aircraft.

http://tinyurl.com/2arevd

nice

Her name isn't Hillary, is it?
Old October 4th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

If she had put the gear down there was plenty of room to land. Over
the trees and slip it in to three point landing.

Big John

Old October 4th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Dallas" wrote)
The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on
board. No one on the ground was injured.

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her
aircraft.

http://tinyurl.com/2arevd

The crash photo is somewhat sensationalized ...must be "Sweeps Month".

Montblack

Old October 4th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Jim Burns wrote:
Now I know who stole my wife's aircraft! Not to worry, she's upgraded to a
high performance model.

I heard it was Hillary's.
Old October 4th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I heard that after she exited the aircraft after the crash, she was
heard to say that this was the last straw!

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 4th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

On Oct 3, 4:18 pm, Dallas wrote:
[...]

So did she find that straw in a stall?
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Close call at LAX AJ Piloting 2 August 20th 07 12:16 AM
Close call? Alan[_4_] Piloting 6 April 8th 07 11:17 PM
Yak close call gatt Piloting 40 December 30th 06 04:07 AM
Close Call Paul kgyy Piloting 15 August 24th 05 10:19 PM
Close call with engine failure in IMC G. Sylvester Instrument Flight Rules 12 March 16th 05 06:57 AM