Your opinions, please!

Old December 14th 03, 12:53 AM
Dashi

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

"WAKE UP!!!" wrote:

.... bunches of info ....

Do you do this sort of research for a living? If so, please contact me by

email.
Nothing nefarious, I would simply like to find out if a particular person

is
still alive.

Careful now, you did say that you knew three murderers, want to make it
four? ;-

dashi

Old December 14th 03, 03:49 AM
Tom Fleischman

In article , Bryan
Martin wrote:

in article 9LGCb.534625$Tr4.1461954@attbi_s03, Cy Galley at
wrote on 12/13/03 11:04 AM:

We all know the problem with our pilot license numbers. The
name and address of a pilot, his SS number and the exact N-number,
serial number, and address of his airplane, a very valuable tangible
asset, might make easy picking for an identity thief. Am I being
overly cautious, yes.

Go to
http://registry.faa.gov/airmen.asp#R...ofCertificates and you
can download a form to request a new airman certificate that does not use
your SSN as the certificate number. You can even request that the FAA not
use your SSN for any purposes in your airman file.

Actually, the correct link for that is as follows:

http://registry.faa.gov/airmen.asp#C...tificateNumber
Old December 14th 03, 04:16 AM
Jay Honeck

While you're at it, see if you can figure out why I wind up at the top of
the
list if I use the back button to return from viewing a photo. It also

completely
reloads the page when I do this, so it takes a long time to looks around.

Weird. I can't duplicate this behavior. Can anyone else?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 03, 04:18 AM
Jay Honeck

Where can I find the FAQs?

http://google.com/search?q=rec.aviation.*+FAQ

Okay, so it already exists? Why don't I just link to it from the pix page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 03, 06:01 AM
R. Hubbell

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:14:37 GMT "Greg Burkhart" wrote:

See http://makeshorter.com/?54L24q45H Why reinvent the FAQ?

Who said anything about reinventing the FAQs?

R. Hubbell

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:59:13 GMT "Jay Honeck"

Old December 14th 03, 06:17 AM
R. Hubbell

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:50:53 GMT "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Word to the wise, you may be taking on a responsibility that could last
a long time. But it's for a good cause, don't you tihnk?

This is probably a dumb question, but what has to be maintained? After all
these years, aren't the FAQs pretty "set in stone"?

FAQs, at least the good ones, are not set in stone. They should get periodic
updates and those updates should get posted or announced in the relevant groups.

Some of the FAQs (e.g. r.a.m) seem to be maintained currently and some are
not. The ones that are you could mirror or link. (mirrors are usually always
welcome but check with the maintainer first) The ones that are not maintained
currently you would have to adopt and maintain. I think you could find a
volunteer or two around here to own parts of the FAQ and provide updates as
needed. A (*gasp*) collaborative effort.

Can't I just copy/paste it into a page, and be done?

You could but the idea with the stale ones would be to revitalize them, get
them up to date add any recent FAQs not already covered, etc.
And the ones maintained currently could be mirrored.

mirrored == you pull the content on some regular basis from the
maintainer site.

R. Hubbell
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 03, 07:12 AM
R. Hubbell

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 04:16:47 GMT "Jay Honeck" wrote:

While you're at it, see if you can figure out why I wind up at the top of

the
list if I use the back button to return from viewing a photo. It also

completely
reloads the page when I do this, so it takes a long time to looks around.

Weird. I can't duplicate this behavior. Can anyone else?

You probably have your browser cache set to a size that's smaller than the total
bytes that the page contains.

I can't believe I'm troubleshooting someone's browser problems in
rec.aviation.* We really need to get back to talking aviation. :\

R. Hubbell

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 03, 03:40 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Peter Dohm wrote:

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote:

Dashi wrote:

Do you know anyone that has been murdered?

I did. I knew three murderers, too.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

I interpreted the question as present tense ... :-)

People who are dead and people who are in prison tend to be people for whom I
do not apply the present tense.

Old December 14th 03, 09:29 PM
Dashi

wrote:

While you're at it, see if you can figure out why I wind up at the top

of
the
list if I use the back button to return from viewing a photo. It also

completely
reloads the page when I do this, so it takes a long time to looks

around.

Weird. I can't duplicate this behavior. Can anyone else?

You probably have your browser cache set to a size that's smaller than the

total
bytes that the page contains.

I can't believe I'm troubleshooting someone's browser problems in
rec.aviation.* We really need to get back to talking aviation. :\

R. Hubbell

Why not, look at your/my reply, more wasteful than Jay's reply and he is
trying to help someone.

Dashi

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 03, 11:00 PM
R. Hubbell

wrote:

While you're at it, see if you can figure out why I wind up at the top

of
the
list if I use the back button to return from viewing a photo. It also
completely
reloads the page when I do this, so it takes a long time to looks

around.

Weird. I can't duplicate this behavior. Can anyone else?

You probably have your browser cache set to a size that's smaller than the

total
bytes that the page contains.

I can't believe I'm troubleshooting someone's browser problems in
rec.aviation.* We really need to get back to talking aviation. :\

R. Hubbell

Why not, look at your/my reply, more wasteful than Jay's reply and he is
trying to help someone.

Whatchew talkin' 'bout Willis?

R. Hubbell

Dashi