Need proof of trainin in Air Force Base in VA in 1969

Old October 12th 06, 04:27 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
JustMe

Default Need proof of trainin in Air Force Base in VA in 1969

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message
"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

.
Take a look at this cite. The people are called repairmen.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...b/deberry.html

301X1 Navigation Systems Repairman
421X1 Aircraft Propeller Repairman
421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

No problem, we'll stick to Chair Force then.

Old October 12th 06, 04:30 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Daryl Hunt

"JustMe" wrote in message
. ..

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

.
Take a look at this cite. The people are called repairmen.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...b/deberry.html

301X1 Navigation Systems Repairman
421X1 Aircraft Propeller Repairman
421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

No problem, we'll stick to Chair Force then.

That's more like it. Did more of that than anything else in 20 years.

Old October 12th 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
JustMe

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

"JustMe" wrote in message
. ..

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

.
Take a look at this cite. The people are called repairmen.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...b/deberry.html

301X1 Navigation Systems Repairman
421X1 Aircraft Propeller Repairman
421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

No problem, we'll stick to Chair Force then.

That's more like it. Did more of that than anything else in 20 years.

....and noa-a-days it's the only branch wherein recruits have to have their
medals mounted before they graduate.

Old October 12th 06, 06:29 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
George Z. Bush

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

.
Take a look at this cite. The people are called repairmen.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...b/deberry.html

301X1 Navigation Systems Repairman
421X1 Aircraft Propeller Repairman
421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

No problem, we'll stick to Chair Force then.

Just to keep the funnin' in perspective, did you know that the Eighth Air Force
suffered more casualties in its air battles over Europe than the entire United
States Marine Corps during all of their battles in WWII? And that was just one
of our units that were used to engage the enemy. ..........you were saying what
about the "Chair Force"???

George Z.

Old October 12th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dave Thompson

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

.
Take a look at this cite. The people are called repairmen.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...b/deberry.html

301X1 Navigation Systems Repairman
421X1 Aircraft Propeller Repairman
421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

No problem, we'll stick to Chair Force then.

Just to keep the funnin' in perspective, did you know that the Eighth Air
Force suffered more casualties in its air battles over Europe than the
entire United States Marine Corps during all of their battles in WWII?
And that was just one of our units that were used to engage the enemy.
..........you were saying what about the "Chair Force"???

George Z.

Yahbut, that was when they were still part of the Army. We haven't
decisively won a war since the Air Force was established.

--
Dave Thompson
(The Other)

Old October 13th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ogden Johnson III

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote:

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

Sort of. Two six-month deployments of our USMC Harrier Det to
operate out of Kadena AB.

And, of course, like our compatriots in the Army and Navy, we
suffered cruel and unusual treatment every time we had fly on one
of your [MATS/MATC/MAC/pick a name] C-141/C-5/C-130. One time
y'all left us stranded coming back from Denmark - standing beside
the runway with our thumbs out trying to hitch a ride on any
passing USAF cargo plane carrying all the REFORGER troops back.
I don't know whether our rear party OIC bribed or blackmailed
him, but finally after 10 hours one C-5 driver finally took pity
on us, and at least offered to take us to Dover with him where we
could arrange a ride with a real air transport company back to
Cherry Point.

[In the event, all that fancy navigation s[tuff] in the C-5's
front office paid off, and halfway across the Atlantic the PIC
told us that they were making great time, and could drop us off
at NKT without running out of either fuel or crew-hours before
getting back to Dover. So we didn't have to go to Plan B -
commercial air.]

Whether you like it or not, *anyone* who has served as a US
Marine, Soldier, or Sailor and has experienced the tender mercies
of the USAF has earned the right to use the term Air Farce.

[When we aren't using A+*@$+#@(*$@+ ;-]

--
Ogden Johnson
(ne OJ III)
Old October 13th 06, 05:55 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:37:29 -0400, Ogden Johnson III
wrote:

[...]

Please, OJ, you are confusing the airlifters with the USAF. They
aren't on "our" side either! The trash-haulers are generally more bad
than good (although I'm the first to admit I encountered an occasional
exception, such as the C-124 guys who gave me a lift out of Tachikawa
in a tale related in When Thunder Rolled.)

For some reason the MAC (or whatever they are called now) folks have
mastered the principle of being always able to leave in the middle of
the dead of night, fly any length of trip and arrive also in the
middle of the night, anywhere in the world. Simply show up six hours
before departure to get your fair share of abuse.

And don't even get me started on being rousted out of bed in the
middle of the night in some MAC BOQ because the quarters were reserved
for "aircrew"--meaing MAC pukes, not necessarily combat aviators.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Old October 13th 06, 06:18 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Daryl Hunt

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote:

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

Sort of. Two six-month deployments of our USMC Harrier Det to
operate out of Kadena AB.

I never was around the Harriers. I take it it takes a real man to get one
of those puppys from point a to b. Or someone as crazy as a gyrene.

And, of course, like our compatriots in the Army and Navy, we
suffered cruel and unusual treatment every time we had fly on one
of your [MATS/MATC/MAC/pick a name] C-141/C-5/C-130.

After being on the 130s, I thought the 141 was a Caddilac. They even put in
Airline style seats for us on the 141s and the heaters actually worked. Not
like the 130s where you slept on pallets and had to stay above 5 feet in the
back to stay warm. Would I trade all the miles on the Herky Pigs? Not in
this lifetime or any other.

One time
y'all left us stranded coming back from Denmark - standing beside
the runway with our thumbs out trying to hitch a ride on any
passing USAF cargo plane carrying all the REFORGER troops back.
I don't know whether our rear party OIC bribed or blackmailed
him, but finally after 10 hours one C-5 driver finally took pity
on us, and at least offered to take us to Dover with him where we
could arrange a ride with a real air transport company back to
Cherry Point.

Welcome to the United Air Force Airlines.

[In the event, all that fancy navigation s[tuff] in the C-5's
front office paid off, and halfway across the Atlantic the PIC
told us that they were making great time, and could drop us off
at NKT without running out of either fuel or crew-hours before
getting back to Dover. So we didn't have to go to Plan B -
commercial air.]

Commercial Air? My, how they pampered you. If that had happened to one of
us, we might go from a layover to a TDY (g)

Whether you like it or not, *anyone* who has served as a US
Marine, Soldier, or Sailor and has experienced the tender mercies
of the USAF has earned the right to use the term Air Farce.

[When we aren't using A+*@$+#@(*$@+ ;-]

Now you know why we all dress up like Bus Drivers. So we can avoid the
lynching by ducking into the nearest bus station.

Old October 13th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Daryl Hunt

wrote:

[...]

Ah,. but Ed, I went around the world about 3 times that way. I knew how the
system worked and got to do things and see things that I never imagined I
would. Of course, I saw the world through the back door but that beats the
hell out of not seeing it at all.

Old October 16th 06, 02:58 PM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Dave Thompson" wrote in message
. ..

Yahbut, that was when they were still part of the Army.

But commonly referred to as the Air Force.

We haven't decisively won a war since the Air Force was established.

You mean we haven't decisively won a war since the United States Air Force
was established.