Backwash Causes Lift?

Old October 9th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote

Well, thank god you'll never fly.

Can you make him go fast, yet? Please, pretty please? I want you to
put the pedal to the metal, now. I really want to see him going fast!

Patience.

If you had researched the Bunyip as I suggested you know i will work a k00k
for years.

Bertie
Old October 9th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in
oups.com:

On Oct 8, 5:18 pm, Phil wrote:
I think you are really describing Bernoulli. If you agree that the
pressure on the top of the wing is lowered by the wing's progress
through the air, then that is just what Bernoulli suggests.

This is true...but even if you do, there seems to be a lot of people
who do not realize the implications of what you just wrote.

You, for one.

Bertie

Old October 9th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 8, 12:37 am, Jim Logajan wrote:
Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

"the molecules stay in contact with the solid body"...?????????????

Why?

It's what gases do. The particles are constantly bouncing away from each
other. This is pretty simple physics - something that should almost be
intuitive. If you have a cylinder of gas with an air-tight piston and pull
back on the piston and double the size of the volume do you seriously think
the gas will not expand into the other half as fast as it can to try and
stay in contact with the piston?

If you are having this much trouble on a basic concept of gases, then I see
no value in you or anyone else investing time in dealing with your
questions, which you chose to post to an inappropriate newsgroup anyway.

Grumble. Now I recall why I had established a personal policy to stay away
from discussions of aerodynamics on this newsgroup: futility avoidance.

I applaud. Very well put.

Dan

Old October 9th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

[...]

Not well put.

What Jim is describing here and what I was refuting are two different
things.

Jim is describing why a fluid would have propensity to follow the
piston wall of an expanding cylinder chamber. I have never doubted
that reason the fluid follows the wall is because of intermolecular
bombardment, and with walls...etc.

That was not what I was refuting.

If you read carefully my post, you will see that I was refuting what
the article claims, which is that the fluid follows the piston because
the piston actually pulls on the molecules in the chamber, which, of
course, is ridiculous.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Old October 9th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

SockPuppet wrote:
In article ,
says...
Patience.

If you had researched the Bunyip as I suggested you know i will work a k00k
for years.

Bertie

Hah! I bet that Le Chaud Lapin will eventually tire you out.

His posting career stretches across the centuries into past internet
epochs. And if you were to take the time you would see that the reaction
he gets on engineeering and computer science groups is the same as he
gets here.

I'll take a piece of this action. :-))
The hot rabbit types War and Peace when Occam's Razor is what's needed.
The Bunyip types a single word reply that not only counters what the hot
rabbit has said incorrectly, but corrects it with the right answer in
one fell swoop!
I'll take a bottle of Jack Daniels on the Bunyip :-))

DH

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 9th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

SockPuppet wrote in
:

In article ,
says...
Patience.

If you had researched the Bunyip as I suggested you know i will work
a k00k for years.

Bertie

Hah! I bet that Le Chaud Lapin will eventually tire you out.

You reckon?

His posting career stretches across the centuries into past internet
epochs. And if you were to take the time you would see that the
reaction he gets on engineeering and computer science groups is the
same as he gets here.

I hve seen what he does elsewhere.

So he's a blockhead. He=s still a k00k. Hes alrady lost.

Bertie

Old October 9th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

SockPuppet wrote:
[...]

That stuff will rot your gut!

Try the McCallan!

Bertie

Old October 9th 07, 08:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in
ups.com:

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

[...]

Yeh, he's telling you how it works and you're describing th einside of
your Skull, which apparently has just been set up for staging a tour of
"Fjukkwits on ice"

Bertie
Old October 9th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OK, IF Backwash Causes Lift then...

On Oct 8, 3:58 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip writes:
Fair enough, but the wing is behaving in exactly the same way.

The wings of fixed-wing aircraft behave the same way whether they are gliders
or powered.

Nope. The lift/drag vectors are different as the AOA
changes. The rest of Bernoulli/Newton still apply. For helicopter and
autogyro blades, the lift/drag vectors are similar except that in
autorotation there are propeller and autorotative regions of the
rotor.

Dan