Saw strange aircraft in sky...what is it?!

Old January 20th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Saw strange aircraft in sky...what is it?!

Hey all of you into aircraft! I saw this, this summer and my family
would like to know what it is. It was in the sky above Victoria BC,
on Vancouver Island. Clues? Thanks

Click for Pic:
http://digitalphil.tripod.com/photographs/id9.html
Old January 20th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anyolmouse

wrote in message
| Hey all of you into aircraft! I saw this, this summer and my family
| would like to know what it is. It was in the sky above Victoria BC,
| on Vancouver Island. Clues? Thanks
|

| Click for Pic:
| http://digitalphil.tripod.com/photographs/id9.html

Rutan's Long EZ?

Old January 20th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

wrote in message
Hey all of you into aircraft! I saw this, this summer and my family
would like to know what it is. It was in the sky above Victoria BC,
on Vancouver Island. Clues? Thanks

Click for Pic:
http://digitalphil.tripod.com/photographs/id9.html

I would say it is a LongEasy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wl-bregar/1347403357/

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old January 20th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:11:32 -0700, "Wayne Paul" wrote:

wrote in message
Hey all of you into aircraft! I saw this, this summer and my family
would like to know what it is. It was in the sky above Victoria BC,
on Vancouver Island. Clues? Thanks

Click for Pic:
http://digitalphil.tripod.com/photographs/id9.html

I would say it is a LongEasy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wl-bregar/1347403357/

Agreed. Here's a shot similar to the original angle:

http://www.pilotfriend.com/flight_re.../images3/1.jpg

Ron Wanttaja
Old January 20th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
greatav8or

from the small wing strakes and the small winglets, it is most likely
a very ez.

Old January 21st 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jan 20, 9:42*am, wrote:
Hey all of you into aircraft! *I saw this, this summer and my family
would like to know what it is. *It was in the sky above Victoria BC,
on Vancouver Island. *Clues? *Thanks

Click for Pic:http://digitalphil.tripod.com/photographs/id9.html

Thank-you, very interesting....googled it, wiki, etc.

Phil
Old January 21st 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

Thank-you, very interesting....googled it, wiki, etc.

Yep. I don't know if you discovered this info, but they are very fast on a
small amount of HP, and get very good MPG, if you are counting! g

One of the few problems, is the fact that they need a pretty looong runway,
and it helps a whole lot if it is paved, too.

Oh, and the propeller and wing are on the wrong end, too! g
--
Jim in NC

strange houstondan Piloting 10 February 14th 06 05:02 PM
Seems a little strange- Capt.Doug Piloting 20 January 30th 05 02:30 AM
Strange one about the 296 kage Piloting 0 June 13th 04 01:42 AM
Strange one??? Big John Piloting 15 March 4th 04 12:25 AM
Does anyone think it's strange... Badwater Bill Home Built 24 August 7th 03 03:44 PM