Wrecked my new Glasair I

Old January 11th 05, 02:25 PM
drCool

Default Wrecked my new Glasair I

Chris, Sorry about your luck...sounds like you had the right idea. I
can't help on most of this but I do have considerable experience with
oil coolers...I designed several of the units from Niagara and Aero
Classics. First I would check the oil cooler...If it is an overhaul
from Pacific oil cooler services in El Monte California, call your
attorney. It's my experience these people should have all of their FAA
licencing revoked immediatly. The history behind Aero Classics is
everything delivered from them between July 2001 and May of 2002 is
probably OK but anything else should be sent to Niagara for a
complimentary pressure test. I was a founder of Aero and with the
company between April 2000 till I departed due to conflicts in the
quality of product they chose to deliver due to financial constraints.
Stewart Warner units are all good unless Pacific has claimed to have
overhauled it in which case I would be suspicious they did not just
clean it up and yellow tag. The folks at Pacific bought the remains of
Aero Classics and now have licence to manufacture the crap they used to
just flush and glue, they know nothing about manufacturing and their
business tactics are deplorable...they use every ounce of energy
falsifying data submitted to the FAA and in my opinion the FAA sucks as
well because they believe it without ever questioning it...that is
precisely how they have gotten away with it for so long, they know how
to play the FAA like a fiddle. Stay with factory direct Niagara or
Stewart Warner otherwise the surprise like the slaved altimiter to oil
temp gage will get you again...pass the word!

Old January 11th 05, 06:00 PM
Bob K.

Earlier, drCool wrote:

Chris, Sorry about your luck...sounds
like you had the right idea...

Um, drCool, are you aware that the message that you're responding to is
from 20 September 1993, and that it's almost a dozen years old now?

Where ever that oil cooler came from, it came from a loooong time ago.
Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.
htt://www.hpaircraft.com