Glasair 1 TD Airfoil

Old January 18th 05, 06:13 PM
ELIPPSE

Default Glasair 1 TD Airfoil

Can anyone supply me with the type of airfoil used on the Glasair 1 TD
and its zero-lift alpha. 'Preciate it!

Old January 18th 05, 08:38 PM
Bob K.

Earlier, ELIPPSE wrote:

Can anyone supply me with the type of
airfoil used on the Glasair 1 TD
and its zero-lift alpha. 'Preciate it!

According to this, it's probably the NASA GA(W)-2:

http://www.aae.uiuc.edu/m-selig/ads/aircraft.html

(Scroll down to "Stoddard-Hamilton.")

However, this page suggests that at least some Glasairs
used the LS(1)-0413

http://www.oriontechnologies.net/Documents/Airfoil.htm

As for finding the zero-lift alpha, there are probably Web
applets out there that can do that for you. I used to use the one at
Martin Hepperle's Web site:
http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com

Old January 19th 05, 06:15 PM
David Lednicer

The NASA GA(W)-2 was later renamed the NASA LS(1)-0413.

S-18 airfoil JDKAHN Home Built 0 October 30th 04 04:35 AM
sa 500 starlet airfoil sal Home Built 0 October 5th 04 10:21 AM
Glasair instructor wanted. Thomas Home Built 2 April 2nd 04 09:14 AM
Glasair 1-RG first flight R&R Sherwood Home Built 4 February 15th 04 02:02 AM
Anyone here flown a Glasair 1? Tom Andersen Home Built 3 January 5th 04 07:12 PM