ClearNav forum?

Old May 30th 13, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ClearNav forum?

Last post on the ClearNav forum seems to be May 13. Is it live and well or has it been "paused"?

Ben
Old May 30th 13, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Last post on the ClearNav forum seems to be May 13. Is it live and well or has it been "paused"?

Ben

It's as alive as anyone wants it to be. I expect things will liven up in a day or two. We have some software due to be released Friday... but let me confirm that before I announce specifics....

One additional note that may be of general interest to r.a.s. readers: CNv XC will have an "I am a 302" serial interface to start with in the interest of quick drop in compatibility with other equipment. This has been tested, meets expectations. Sorry, I do not have a date for this.

Evan Ludeman / CNi
Old May 30th 13, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_31_]

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:30:42 PM UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Last post on the ClearNav forum seems to be May 13. Is it live and well or has it been "paused"?

Ben

It's as alive as anyone wants it to be. I expect things will liven up in a day or two. We have some software due to be released Friday... but let me confirm that before I announce specifics....

One additional note that may be of general interest to r.a.s. readers: CNv XC will have an "I am a 302" serial interface to start with in the interest of quick drop in compatibility with other equipment. This has been tested, meets expectations. Sorry, I do not have a date for this.

Evan Ludeman / CNi

So, when the CNv XC is finally released, will it include the CAN cable to interface with my CN MFD that did not come with my "MFD/CNv bundle"?

-Jim
Old May 30th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:53:44 AM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
[...]

Eventually, yes. But that's a ways off. Initially you will need a serial crossover cable (which we will make available) from CNv to CN.

CNv Club commercial software release will be tomorrow, 5/31. It's feature complete except for 1) Slow ASI alarm and 2) Logbook. More about that tomorrow.

CNv XC will be beta tested in stages. The first functions to roll out will be serial communications (C-302 work alike, as previously noted) and waypoint navigation. The timeline here is weeks, not months. More about that soon.

Good Soaring,

Evan Ludeman / CNi

ClearNav vs. LX 9000 Mitch Polinsky Soaring 9 September 4th 11 04:46 PM
ClearNav Vario Paul Remde Soaring 5 January 8th 11 11:34 PM
NK ClearNav now available in VGA Resolution Paul Remde Soaring 0 July 28th 09 05:26 PM
ClearNav too big? brianDG303 Soaring 9 June 13th 08 07:15 PM
NK ClearNav Update Paul Remde Soaring 4 February 4th 08 01:31 PM