A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ClearNav forum?

Old May 30th 13, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav forum?

Last post on the ClearNav forum seems to be May 13. Is it live and well or has it been "paused"?

Ben
Old May 30th 13, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav forum?

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:07:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Last post on the ClearNav forum seems to be May 13. Is it live and well or has it been "paused"?

Ben

It's as alive as anyone wants it to be. I expect things will liven up in a day or two. We have some software due to be released Friday... but let me confirm that before I announce specifics....

One additional note that may be of general interest to r.a.s. readers: CNv XC will have an "I am a 302" serial interface to start with in the interest of quick drop in compatibility with other equipment. This has been tested, meets expectations. Sorry, I do not have a date for this.

Evan Ludeman / CNi
Old May 30th 13, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_31_]
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav forum?

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:30:42 PM UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:

Ben

It's as alive as anyone wants it to be. I expect things will liven up in a day or two. We have some software due to be released Friday... but let me confirm that before I announce specifics....

One additional note that may be of general interest to r.a.s. readers: CNv XC will have an "I am a 302" serial interface to start with in the interest of quick drop in compatibility with other equipment. This has been tested, meets expectations. Sorry, I do not have a date for this.

Evan Ludeman / CNi

So, when the CNv XC is finally released, will it include the CAN cable to interface with my CN MFD that did not come with my "MFD/CNv bundle"?

-Jim
Old May 30th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav forum?

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:53:44 AM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:30:42 PM UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:

Ben

Evan Ludeman / CNi

So, when the CNv XC is finally released, will it include the CAN cable to interface with my CN MFD that did not come with my "MFD/CNv bundle"?

-Jim

Eventually, yes. But that's a ways off. Initially you will need a serial crossover cable (which we will make available) from CNv to CN.

CNv Club commercial software release will be tomorrow, 5/31. It's feature complete except for 1) Slow ASI alarm and 2) Logbook. More about that tomorrow.

CNv XC will be beta tested in stages. The first functions to roll out will be serial communications (C-302 work alike, as previously noted) and waypoint navigation. The timeline here is weeks, not months. More about that soon.

Good Soaring,

Evan Ludeman / CNi