F/A-22 flyover during Rose Bowl

Old December 28th 03, 12:44 AM
Chad Irby

Default F/A-22 flyover during Rose Bowl

There's going to be a flyover of an F/A-22 during the Rose Bowl game on
January 1, along with an F-117 and a B-2.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old January 1st 04, 02:12 PM
Andrew Chaplin

Chad Irby wrote:

There's going to be a flyover of an F/A-22 during the Rose Bowl game on
January 1, along with an F-117 and a B-2.

Does anyone know at what time they are to occur?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old January 2nd 04, 05:01 AM
Chris

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
Chad Irby wrote:

There's going to be a flyover of an F/A-22 during the Rose Bowl game on
January 1, along with an F-117 and a B-2.

Does anyone know at what time they are to occur?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

The half time show was the only thing that I wanted to see. Did I step out
for the one minute that they showed the flyby? I hope someone was able to
save the vid, if there was anything to save. Regards, Chris

Old January 2nd 04, 05:05 AM
Tex Houston

"Chris" wrote in message
The half time show was the only thing that I wanted to see. Did I step out
for the one minute that they showed the flyby? I hope someone was able to
save the vid, if there was anything to save. Regards, Chris

The original message was in error. The flyover was to have been, and was,
during the Rose Parade.

Tex

Old January 2nd 04, 06:42 AM
Chris

"Tex Houston" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
The half time show was the only thing that I wanted to see. Did I step

out
for the one minute that they showed the flyby? I hope someone was able

save the vid, if there was anything to save. Regards, Chris

The original message was in error. The flyover was to have been, and was,
during the Rose Parade.

Tex

Thanks Tex, saw that just now, with a flyby before the game. Did find this
photo:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_ts/mdf437756
Regards, Chris

Old January 2nd 04, 07:00 AM
Mary Shafer

Chad Irby wrote:

There's going to be a flyover of an F/A-22 during the Rose Bowl game on
January 1, along with an F-117 and a B-2.

Does anyone know at what time they are to occur?

The half time show was the only thing that I wanted to see. Did I step out
for the one minute that they showed the flyby? I hope someone was able to
save the vid, if there was anything to save. Regards, Chris

Not that it matters now, except for the recording, but the fly-over
was of the Rose Parade, right at the beginning. There was another
fly-over, by two Army or Marine helicopters, later in the parade, as
well. I didn't see any fly-over of the game itself and I was
watching.

Mary

Old January 2nd 04, 02:46 PM
Michael

Chad Irby wrote:

There's going to be a flyover of an F/A-22 during the Rose Bowl game on
January 1, along with an F-117 and a B-2.

Does anyone know at what time they are to occur?

The half time show was the only thing that I wanted to see. Did I step out
for the one minute that they showed the flyby? I hope someone was able to
save the vid, if there was anything to save. Regards, Chris

Not that it matters now, except for the recording, but the fly-over
was of the Rose Parade, right at the beginning. There was another
fly-over, by two Army or Marine helicopters, later in the parade, as
well. I didn't see any fly-over of the game itself and I was
watching.

Mary

NBC's coverage of the parade had some tight shots of the formation -
very pretty. As the plane is not operational, I was surprised to
see it in something as trivial (sorry) as a parade flyby.

How many F/A 22's are there currently? Is it still set to become
operational in late 2005 or is it a gradual induction into the
inventory / operations?
Old January 2nd 04, 04:34 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tex Houston" wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
The half time show was the only thing that I wanted to see. Did I step out
for the one minute that they showed the flyby? I hope someone was able to
save the vid, if there was anything to save. Regards, Chris

The original message was in error. The flyover was to have been, and was,
during the Rose Parade.

Except that they *did* show the planes flying over during the pregame
show.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old January 3rd 04, 06:39 AM
Mary Shafer

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:27:31 -0800, Hobo wrote:

In article ,
Mary Shafer wrote:

I know that we always worried about the HiMAT (Highly Maneuverable
Aircraft Technology, a subscale research vehicle capable of 0.9 Mach)
escaping from remote-piloting control and zipping over the San
Gabriels to Pasadena because it's so close. So much so, in fact, that
we put a backup control into the back seat of an F-104 that we chased
it with.

Was the F-104 equipped to shoot down the HIMAT, if necessary?

No. It was prepared to control it well enough to get it back close
enough for the regular system to take over. I think there was also a
range safety package that would destroy the HiMAT if necessary, but I
think it was only in the control room and not in the chase plane. I'd
have to check on that, though.

Mary