USB Serial Converters - Reliable one for SN10 and Volkslogger

Old June 21st 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default Flarm Display Mount

Walt, interesting mount for the display. Looks like the standard
Butterfly backplate and Ram ball, but with a custom mount from the Ram
ball to the siderail.

Can share some information about your display mount installation?

Bob

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:25:31 -0700 (PDT), WaltWX
wrote:

Follow up on PF Brick install:

Photos of Discus 2A PowerFlarm antenna install on panel cover. ADS-B is forward antenna; FLARM is rear most one.
The hook forward on panel cover is where I locate my SPOT tracker. GPS antennas are under cover between two PF
top antennas (Volkslogger and PF GPS). ADS-B and FLARM antennas are taped to a piece of "L" shaped plexiglass
(2x2x3 inches) all velcroed to panel top. Got the plexiglas from Staples Office and "hacked" it from the original purpose
of displaying 81/2x11inch announcements.
No compass to worry about. Interestingly enough, Discus 2A ops manual didn't require one nor did the FAA when
I got my experimental certificate.

RAM mounted Butterfly is also visible.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/463771/MyGl...a_SideView.JPG

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/463771/MyGl...aButterfly.JPG

Walt Rogers, WX

Old June 21st 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/463771/MyGl...d/PFlarm_Discu...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/463771/MyGl...d/PFlarm_Discu...

Walt Rogers, WX

Pardon the dumb question.............but does Power Flarm have a
logger function at all right now? if so, is the mini SD the way to
access the file?

I bought the stand-alone unit and it is installed in my glider right
now...........I have a cable on order to replace the Garmin puck that
I am using to feed GPS to my Ipaq310.......the interface will be via a
Goddard PS-5a, hope to just remove and replace the puck with the PF
and make a change to LK8000 baud rate.

Brad
Old June 21st 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:26:07 -0700 (PDT), Brad
wrote:

The IGC logger function is currently listed as a future upgrade (via
software upload) for both brick and portable.

For the portable, yes, the miniSD will be the access point.

Bob

.... text deleted.

Old June 21st 12, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I believe Walt make his own RAM mount for the FLARM remote display.

I sell a very nice one from Butterfly he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butte...-Disp-Rect-RAM

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________________

Old June 21st 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

I would also expect PowerFLARM to support standard FLARM style downloading
of the IGC file via its serial port to PDAs/computers etc. Widely supported
in existing 3rd party applications (SeeYou, ConnectMe, XCSoar, etc.) and in
FlarmTool.

Darryl

Old June 22nd 12, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Here a picture of the attach point for the RAM mount (9/16inch ball).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/463771/MyGl..._PNA_Mount.JPG