6 reported slain at Lockheed Martin facility in Mississippi

Old July 14th 03, 08:52 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in
:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

It is the data link that had me thinking TG was not a 757
pilot.

Who is TG? Tell us smart guy, what is this data link you keep

professing?

Oh, TJ.

You might want to look up the fourth generation VDL4, as that is
where

it is
hoped that ICAO will adopt the VHF digital radio standard. The 757
is

the
demonstration vehicle for the data link. Large airlines like
American

use
the data link to program their FMS systems and pass written
messages to

the
crew. A similar system was demonstrated for aging DC-9-83s in

conjunction
with LAAS at Continental.

Ah, so the fact that we type in routings makes us unsafe? Canned
routes

stored
IN the FMC would be grouped in the same way as being unsafe huh?

I did not wrote the word "unsafe" TJ.

Large airlines like Ameriflot are PARKING airplanes and firing

employees(all
TWA, but thats another thread).

TWA employees have a lot of bad karma.

Of course you wouldnt know this, but we HAVE ACARS, have HAD ACARS
and

USED
ACARS for the last two years on ALL our airplanes, 37's, 57's and the

Bus's.

But TJ, you went into great detail about how America West doesn't use
the data link!!

What YOU call data link is called ACARS by everyone else, but then
you

invented
splaps and negative lift so I guess thats ok, you can call it
whatever you

want,
just dont expect anyone else to know WTF you're talking about.

I am pleased you have come around to admit that you were wrong.

In this way, operator error was eliminated for the 757 type almost
completely and there were 18 years of completely safe operation.

So Ameriflot NEVER had any accidents for 18 years?

No 757 airframes were lost by anyone in that time. The development
and deployment of the data link provided safety, right up until a
Service Bulletin was ignored and the foreign NOTAM came off 180 days
later.

Hmm, we'll we're running a
close 1st with ZERO fatalities in 20yrs. But wait, we've only been
in

business
for that long so I guess that makes 100% fatality free years.

I still go with 2 zeros since 1997, as the adding of a fatality back
in was probably political. Those numbers are driven by automation and
hand flying is for hobyists.

Ya think so, fjuckwit? Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwahwhahhwhahwhahhwhah !

And BTW, since when does ACARS fly the airplane?

Bertie
Old July 14th 03, 09:12 PM
Tarver Engineering

"skygodtj" wrote in message

John,

I flew NASA's 757(N557NA) in ATL in 1996 during the LVLASO/ROTO project.

In
fact, I was the first civilian pilot to fly it since it was acquired by

NASA
from DM/TUS. During that project, the box(rather large) on which the HSI

was
projected onto has a text line at the bottom onto which ATC controller
instructions were displayed by voice-text recognition software.

Additionally,
the HSI map had a course line continuously displayed for our course from

takeoff
to landing then to the gate displaying hold-short bars across intersecting
runways.

We did similar RAVs at Dryden with the X-29 and other vehicles. The thing
is, some of these things are comming to fruition, especially now that FAA
has finally made a WAAS engineering drop. (operational as sole means") WAAS
needed a little propping up, using the TAWS data base, but at least they
figure out a way to get it to play.

The technology from this project, and a coupla others was GIVEN to

Honeywell and
Sperry for inclusion into their systems. It was dependent on
Sat/GPS/IRS/Loran. It was an amazing project, and I'm damn proud to have

been
the first civilian pilot to fly it. Oh, I've got video from about a

dozen
cameras on the airplane and on the ground if you ever care to see it. The
cockpit video is really kewl...

You should post them up, these ram guys will download any airplane video.

Oh yes, I've also flown synthetic-vision projects in NASA's HST sim at

LaRC, and
flown LIDAR research

Have you tried the latest NVG goggles? A couple of big GA pilots have
claimed they are nifty.

sims too. Oh, all with proof too. Now if you want to continue to doubt

what I
am... suits me fine. If I can do that, then being typed in the 757/767

for over
7years is no big deal.

Didn't we already get past the idea that you are a 757 pilot?

Tell some more, your work history sounds pretty interesting.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE

Old July 14th 03, 09:21 PM
Tarver Engineering

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message

[...]

Fine, I'll hook up the video capture and post it.

These guys use one of the aviation pictures newsgroups, if you don't have a
web site.

Just notify us here when it is available.

Oh yes, I've also flown synthetic-vision projects in NASA's HST sim at

LaRC, and
flown LIDAR research

Have you tried the latest NVG goggles? A couple of big GA pilots have
claimed they are nifty.

Nope. It's either PHX-LAS-BOS or PHX-LAX-LAS-BWI, or NASA, no GA stuff.

I wanted someone who has flown both the synthetic vision and those IV
generation NVGs to compare them.

sims too. Oh, all with proof too. Now if you want to continue to

doubt what I
am... suits me fine. If I can do that, then being typed in the

757/767 for over
7years is no big deal.

Didn't we already get past the idea that you are a 757 pilot?

See, that wasn't so hard to admit was it? Apology accepted.

We already did this.

Tell some more, your work history sounds pretty interesting.

Its more fun to keep you guessin'...

Have fun.

jpt.

Old July 14th 03, 10:01 PM
John Mazor

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

We did similar RAVs at Dryden with the X-29 and other vehicles. The

thing
is, some of these things are comming to fruition, especially now

that FAA
has finally made a WAAS engineering drop. (operational as sole

means") WAAS
needed a little propping up, using the TAWS data base, but at least

they
figure out a way to get it to play.

How does thissquare with your claim a few years ago that WAAS is DOA?

[...]

Wow.

sims too. Oh, all with proof too. Now if you want to continue to

doubt what I
am... suits me fine.

So you persist in your claim that you build airplanes. Wow.

If I can do that, then being typed in the 757/767 for over
7years is no big deal.

Wow. So the guy who designs the outflow valve for the Blue Room is on
a par with the guy/gal who flies the airplane. Wow.

Old July 14th 03, 10:03 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

[...]

LESS SAFE. Means less THAN SAFE. Either the operation is safe, or
its

less
safe. What did you mean then?

Large airlines like Ameriflot are PARKING airplanes and firing
employees(all
TWA, but thats another thread).

TWA employees have a lot of bad karma.

Of course you wouldnt know this, but we HAVE ACARS, have HAD
ACARS and

USED
ACARS for the last two years on ALL our airplanes, 37's, 57's and
the

Bus's.

But TJ, you went into great detail about how America West doesn't
use

the
data link!!

Hey Mumbles, what you call data link everyone else calls ACARS, IF
you had

said
ACARS, then I wouldve told you. We dont use data link, we use
ACARS.

Your apology is accepted again. See how easy that worked out?

Keep in mind in the future that ACARS is just one unit in an entire
system, where a portion of it is ground based (ie VDL), and part of it
is Satellite based. (Inmarsat) The ACARS is just a router switch and
not the system itself.

So, you gonna explain why it makes thngs safer fjuckwit?

didn't think so
Old July 14th 03, 10:07 PM
skygodtj

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

[...]

Data Linking the crew meals keeps pilots healthy alert and immediately
responsive to external stimuli
Tarver: Didn't we already get past the idea that you are a 757 pilot?
TJ: See, that wasn't so hard to admit was it? Apology accepted.
Old July 15th 03, 12:05 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

skygodtj wrote in :

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message

[...]

It's also the easiest thing in the world to do!

Bertie
Old July 15th 03, 12:07 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message

[...]

If he gets bored he can always dangle a bit of yarn in front of a cat.

Bertie
Old July 15th 03, 12:32 AM
Tarver Engineering

"John Mazor" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

We did similar RAVs at Dryden with the X-29 and other vehicles. The

thing
is, some of these things are comming to fruition, especially now that

FAA
has finally made a WAAS engineering drop. (operational as sole means")

WAAS
needed a little propping up, using the TAWS data base, but at least they
figure out a way to get it to play.

How does thissquare with your claim a few years ago that WAAS is DOA?

My claim is that WAAS is 5 years late. Adding the TAWS band aid was even my
idea and so we have actual "sole means" GPS.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE

Old July 15th 03, 12:54 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

"John Mazor" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

We did similar RAVs at Dryden with the X-29 and other vehicles.
The

thing
is, some of these things are comming to fruition, especially now
that

FAA
has finally made a WAAS engineering drop. (operational as sole
means")

WAAS
needed a little propping up, using the TAWS data base, but at least
they figure out a way to get it to play.

How does thissquare with your claim a few years ago that WAAS is DOA?

My claim is that WAAS is 5 years late. Adding the TAWS band aid was
even my idea and so we have actual "sole means" GPS.

Bwawahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwahwhahhwhahwahwhahwhhahwha hwhah!

Bet it was one of those alligator clip specials.

Bertie