Turbo 182T "renter's cruise"

Old June 7th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default Turbo 182T "renter's cruise"

http://tinyurl.com/2kb22d

Click on the center picture and use the site's zoom feature.

Old June 7th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Dan Luke wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2kb22d

Click on the center picture and use the site's zoom feature.

Good lord, that can't be good for the TBO.

Old June 7th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gwengler

On Jun 7, 10:48 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2kb22d

Click on the center picture and use the site's zoom feature.

Good lord, that can't be good for the TBO.

Well, he's going full blast at 16,500 ft. TAS is 182KTS, GS 169KTS.
The engine is a Lyc TIO540 which is downrated to 235hp. The engine
can be flown at full power (top of green arc) constantly. However, I
see that he is flying at 32.5 inHg which is way to high. Max. MAP
green arc is 27 inHg above 15,000 ft. So, that indeed is not a good
idea, at least not for a longer time.
My max. GS, cruise and level, in my T182T was 255KTS at FL190 going
east (from Meigs Field to Toronto) where I had a tailwind of 95KTS -
probably some low jetstream.

Gerd (ATP)
T182T C-FDOW

Old June 7th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"gwengler" wrote:

My max. GS, cruise and level, in my T182T was 255KTS at FL190 going
east (from Meigs Field to Toronto) where I had a tailwind of 95KTS -
probably some low jetstream.

What are your typical climb and cruise settings?

--
Dan
? at BFM

Old June 7th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gwengler

On Jun 7, 11:20 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"gwengler" wrote:
My max. GS, cruise and level, in my T182T was 255KTS at FL190 going
east (from Meigs Field to Toronto) where I had a tailwind of 95KTS -
probably some low jetstream.

What are your typical climb and cruise settings?

--
Dan
? at BFM

I pretty much always climb on top of green arc which is 28 inHg (27
above 15,000 ft.) and 2400rpm. I almost always cruise at 26 or 26.5
inHg and 2300rpm which gives you roughly 75 - 80 % power, depending on
altitude and temperature. I fly ROP at 1650 deg TIT. Generally
speaking, my aim is a fuel flow of 14.5 - 15 gph.

Gerd

Old June 7th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Guy Elden Jr

I pretty much always climb on top of green arc which is 28 inHg (27
above 15,000 ft.) and 2400rpm. I almost always cruise at 26 or 26.5
inHg and 2300rpm which gives you roughly 75 - 80 % power, depending on
altitude and temperature. I fly ROP at 1650 deg TIT. Generally
speaking, my aim is a fuel flow of 14.5 - 15 gph.

I've always been curious about the performance of the newer 182s...
what sort of TAS do you see flying at those settings?

--
Guy

Old June 7th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Click on the center picture and use the site's zoom feature.

There was a BEAUTIFUL 206 for sale last year @ ANE.
(NEWPS parked his Bo in the same hangar)

It was his father's for years. When the older ($ucce$$ful) son got the plane
he redid EVERYTHING - from stem to stern, and flew it for a few more years.
Talk about a plane being babied.

Anyway, wasn't there a very good thread (maybe 7 years ago) about why NOT to
buy a small turbo'd single? IIRC, it discussed associated costs vs.
performance differences. The average flatlander flights took an even greater
beating by the numbers.

That said, contact Cary M, from these newsgroups (he's @ ANE) and ask him
about his (Diesel) D-42 Twin Star's numbers. It too is turbo'd. He's looking
for (1) partner up here in Minnesota.

Cary M:
Remove letters in ( )
mar(d)i (gr)as
c @
u(niversity) (of)mn . (Mr)ed u(2)

....or e-mail me for his phone #.

Montblack
BTW, that whole teenage mistress thing has a better shot for you, in a sleek
new twin.

Of course, that whole teenage mistress thing has a better shot with Orlando
Bloom, in an Ercoupe.

Yikes. Now I'm getting "urges!" :-)

Old June 7th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Montblack" wrote:

Yikes. Now I'm getting "urges!" :-)

The question for pilots "of a certain age" is, "Can I keep a teenage mistress
*and* my medical?"

Old June 7th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Jim Stewart" wrote:

I'd be happy if I could order a kid's meal and a beer at
the same time :-)

Haw!

Good one.

Old June 7th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Dan Luke" wrote)
The question for pilots "of a certain age" is, "Can I keep a teenage
mistress *and* my medical?"

On Wednesday / Costume Night .....(a.k.a. #$%! Day)
If she wore a stewardess uniform, you could play 'Passenger in 5A would like
a pillow.'

http://www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html
Stewardess uniforms. Hey, it's the Robert Palmer girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0U5JfGYx4c&mode=related&search=
Speaking of....

Montblack
Like the fellow said to Nelson Rockefeller, "Sure, go for it."

Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
FS LS8-18 "turbo" Ed Hollestelle Soaring 0 November 9th 05 08:10 PM