Bad pilots, bad maintenance ruining general aviation

Old June 6th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Default Bad pilots, bad maintenance ruining general aviation

BDS wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote

If you must fly, make sure you know what you are doing, and don't take

stupid

risks. And make sure that the aircraft you're flying is in flyable (safe)
condition. Otherwise there eventually won't be any general aviation any

more.

Wow, thanks for that sobering piece of advice. And here I was, just about
to go out and take some stupid risks without knowing what I was doing in an
airplane that wasn't in flyable (safe) condition. I'm sure glad you stopped
me. I'd hate to be the reason that GA went away.

BDS

Haha, the three most dangerous words in GA. "Check this out!"

Old June 6th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"ManhattanMan" wrote in message
Skylune wrote:
On Jun 5, 12:18 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
BDS writes:
Wow, thanks for that sobering piece of advice. And here I was,
just about to go out and take some stupid risks without knowing
what I was doing in an airplane that wasn't in flyable (safe)
condition. I'm sure glad you stopped me. I'd hate to be the
reason that GA went away.

There are lots of pilots taking stupid risks. Some of them will
flippantly deny doing so, too, although it's hard to hide one's
errors from the NTSB.

I see the bait was taken, with only a slight delay. Nice.

Was there ANY doubt?????????????????????

----------------------------------------o__\
twannnnnggg............
(sound of taut line after setting the hook

Well, I *was* hoping. But it *was* like examining a discarded ticket for a
past lotto drawing...

Peter :-(

Old June 6th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Skylune wrote:

Could it be that he is more comfortable there? Underemployed, but
SIMULATING: flying, relationships, economic research, sex (?),
intellectualism, etc. Maybe French government services make it more
comfortable to do this in France. Maybe he views himself as a
misunderstood philosopher, and feels more at home in France than the
burgeious USA?

BINGO!

Not to mention being a narcissistic, arrogant, conceited, pious,
prick..........

Old June 6th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Skylune writes:

What mistake? Did you obtain gainful employment?

I guess it was an ironic coincidence, then.

Best not to criticize others for a perceived lack of research unless one does
at least as much research oneself.
Old June 6th 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

tom418 writes:

Too bad you weren't aboard United 232 back in 1989. I'm sure you could have
averted the disaster.

United 232 was faulty maintenance. There was a crack in the engine that had
gone undetected, even though it had been inspected. If it had been properly
maintained, there would have been no crash.
Old June 6th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

Now how would you know if my airplanes are half broken, or that I fly
recklessly?

If you have an accident, that's prima facie evidence of one or the other. If
you're an excellent pilot in a properly maintained aircraft, you won't have an
accident.

It sounds like you're envious of the fact that while many of us actually fly
real airplanes, you'll never have the experience of flying anything other
than a chair.

Pilots like to think that everyone envies them. More generally, most people
who like a particular activity like to think that everyone else not engaged in
that activity envies them. Of course, this is all wishful thinking.
Old June 6th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Skylune writes:

Since you are expert in everything, I am having a problem with low
pressure in one of the zones on my lawn sprinkler system. Could you
provide some advice on how to diagnose the problem and then fix it?

Look for leaks. A leak will manifest by an excess of water at some point on
the lawn.
Old June 6th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 5, 10:27 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Shirl writes:
There are PLENTY of carefully maintained aircraft that have problems and
failures, some resulting in accidents and some not. The concept you
aren't understanding is that mechanical failure is not necessarily an
indication of poor/careless/inadequate maintenance, and in fact, more
frequently than you believe, things go wrong even on airplanes that are
vigilantly maintained. Bottom line, even though you and your mechanic do
everything humanly possible, there is simply no way to assure an
aircraft isn't going to have a problem.

Then it must be a defect in design.

Thanks, for letting me know you have no clue about engineering.

-Kees

Old June 6th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shirl

Mxsmanic wrote:
If you have an accident, that's prima facie evidence of one
or the other. If you're an excellent pilot in a properly maintained
aircraft, you won't have an accident.

Riiiiiiight. What other absolutes do you live by?
Do you know the name of an aircraft mechanic that will *GUARANTEE* that
his/her work is so proper that "you won't have an accident" as long as
you're an "excellent pilot" flying a plane that he/she maintains? If so,
it's your duty to share it with us. I'm sure the FAA would like to know
who he/she is, too.