Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

Old February 15th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Default Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

JB wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:16 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
However,
if you're VFR in, say, Class B, and ATC has _not_ directed you specifically to
climb or descend, and ******you decide to change altitude yourself*****

Say, what? You have just committed an airspace violation and the
VATSIM controllers will remotely detonate your aircraft and kill all
onboard. You will be black-balled and not permitted to fly MSFS
again. Then what would you do?

--Jeff

Actually, from a quick look at Anthony's Guest Book on his website, it
seems that the VATSIM forum is tired of him as well.
Old February 15th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

On Feb 15, 9:40 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Michael Ash wrote
:

Technically speaking, it is illegal to descend faster than about
25,000fpm (needs to be adjusted based on density, since it's give in
terms of indicated airspeed) when below 10,000ft. I doubt too many
flights would need to worry about this limitation.

Or climb!

But in fact this can be waived and very frequently is.

No. The 250 KIAS speed limit can be waived but very seldom is.

Well, if by seldom you mean every day, sure.

By "seldom" I mean rarely.

Old February 15th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Steven P. McNicoll writes:

The 250 KIAS speed limit can be waived but very seldom is.

It cannot be waived by ATC, but the FAA can waive it--not something it's
likely to do in real time for individual flights, though.
Old February 15th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote in
:

JB wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:16 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
However,
if you're VFR in, say, Class B, and ATC has _not_ directed you
specifically to climb or descend, and ******you decide to change
altitude yourself*****

Say, what? You have just committed an airspace violation and the
VATSIM controllers will remotely detonate your aircraft and kill all
onboard. You will be black-balled and not permitted to fly MSFS
again. Then what would you do?

--Jeff

Actually, from a quick look at Anthony's Guest Book on his website, it
seems that the VATSIM forum is tired of him as well.

Now there's a suprise. Given the old six degrees lof seperation notion, I
wonder how ling it will take before the critical mass is reached where the
whole planet tires of him.

Bertie
Old February 15th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Steven P. McNicoll writes:

The 250 KIAS speed limit can be waived but very seldom is.

It cannot be waived by ATC, but the FAA can waive it--not something it's
likely to do in real time for individual flights, though.

Wrong again fjukktad.

Bertie

Old February 15th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

On Feb 15, 9:40 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Michael Ash wrote
:

Technically speaking, it is illegal to descend faster than about
25,000fpm (needs to be adjusted based on density, since it's give in
terms of indicated airspeed) when below 10,000ft. I doubt too many
flights would need to worry about this limitation.

Or climb!

But in fact this can be waived and very frequently is.

No. The 250 KIAS speed limit can be waived but very seldom is.

Well, if by seldom you mean every day, sure.

By "seldom" I mean rarely.

If by rarely you mean every day, then sure.

Bertie

Old February 15th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark Hansen

On 02/15/08 01:53, WingFlaps wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:19�am, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:
WingFlaps wrote:
On Feb 15, 12:31 am, "John" wrote:
No there are no regulations for climb or descent rates for VFR flight.

Err I don't think that's 100% correct but it will do for MX.

Cheers

Please then for my benefit point me to such a regulation.

Certainly. Vne is a limit that must not be exceeded (there are
others). This sets a limit on how fast you can legally descend
(remember pilots must fly within operating limits). You must also not
use ascent or descent rate that put you in conflict with ATC unless
you have got clearance. When NORDO you cannot ascend or descend into
controlled space except as part of a flight plan.

What? You believe that an aircraft with no radio is not allowed to
enter controlled airspace without being on a flight plan?

Can you please provide a reference to that regulation?

The descent rate at
or below 500' must be zero or negative except at an aerodrome or
within a LFZ. You can probably now see other examples. Pilots should
think outside the box ;-)

Cheers

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Old February 15th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

When NORDO you cannot ascend or descend into
controlled space except as part of a flight plan.

Where?

Old February 15th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Feb 16, 2:08 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well, yes, flight testing for instance. VNE is 10% below a tested dive
speed. Alos, as I posted before, some airplanes had an emergency dive
speed. Vd. I'd have to look it up to see, though. In any case, it's not a
legal limit, it;'s a design limitation.

I know one or two jump pilots who drop their load and are back on the
deck picking up the next load before the first have all landed
Old February 15th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

george wrote in
:

On Feb 16, 2:08 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well, yes, flight testing for instance. VNE is 10% below a tested
dive speed. Alos, as I posted before, some airplanes had an emergency
dive speed. Vd. I'd have to look it up to see, though. In any case,
it's not a legal limit, it;'s a design limitation.

I know one or two jump pilots who drop their load and are back on the
deck picking up the next load before the first have all landed

I doubt they're going past VNE, though. No need, really. I wouldn't want to
be footing their engine bills, though!

Bertie