Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 25th 04, 05:12 PM
Robert M. Gary

Default Loading luggage in other than Mooney

The other day I saw a guy drive up to his Bonanza with a car load of
bags. This is something I've done for years in my Mooney but many
years since I've flown a Bonanza or Cessna. In my Mooney, the baggage
door opens at the top of the cabin (the door is long enough that it
goes down to the middle and opens like a clam shell, much like a car's
trunk). I can easily load heavey bag on top of heavy bag in the Mooney
by dropping them down on top of each other. How did I do it back in
the Bonanza days? It looks like I must have had to load a bag in the
bottom door , reach in, hold that bag up and then slide another bag
under it. Or perhaps I climbed in through the back seat and loaded the
bags that way.

How do most of the Bonanza/Cessna pilots here do it? Why would anyone
put a baggage door on the bottom of the baggage area. Its like loading
your truck though a little hole near the license plate on your car.

-Robert

Landing a Mooney Jon Kraus Owning 42 November 16th 04 07:00 PM
Mooney M20 K on Grass ? Andrew Boyd Owning 0 August 13th 04 03:00 PM
that Mooney in DC ADIZ Cub Driver Piloting 10 November 13th 03 09:15 PM
Can someone explain wing loading? Frederick Wilson Home Built 4 September 10th 03 02:33 AM
Cirrus vs Mooney Charles Talleyrand Owning 6 July 8th 03 11:35 PM