Old June 28th 04, 05:16 AM
Jay Honeck

But the alternative is to have to load each bag, then lift it up and
slide other bags under it. That surely can't be better than the Mooney
method.
Perhaps my family of 4 just carries a lot more bags than most.

Our door is big enough to actually fit my body inside the plane. If I have
enough luggage to fill it to the top of the fuselage (usually a camping
trip, with coolers, tents, etc.) it takes a bit of pre-planning to load all
the baggage in a logical order.

Sometimes the last couple of items must be "dropped in" over the back seats.

Still, for 90% of our trips, we don't come close to filling the baggage
compartment, even with four people.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 28th 04, 06:23 PM
dave

You guy's all have it easy!! Try loading anything into the back of my
Citabria (the new ones do have an option for a baggage door). I have
the smaller engine 7ECA so I can easily carry the weight for a couple's
weekend bags. Tough to get them back there however, I have to kneel on
the back seat. It's shame really because there's plenty of room for
soft bags.
Dave
68 7ECA

Landing a Mooney Jon Kraus Owning 42 November 16th 04 07:00 PM
Mooney M20 K on Grass ? Andrew Boyd Owning 0 August 13th 04 03:00 PM
that Mooney in DC ADIZ Cub Driver Piloting 10 November 13th 03 09:15 PM
Can someone explain wing loading? Frederick Wilson Home Built 4 September 10th 03 02:33 AM
Cirrus vs Mooney Charles Talleyrand Owning 6 July 8th 03 11:35 PM