ANR Headsets?

Old November 14th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

Default ANR Headsets?

Can anyone tell me if such an invention is around?
I'm looking to see if there is anything that I can plug my headset
into, then plug
that into the intercom of the plane to make my headset ANR.
Anybody, anybody, anybody?????

Lou

Old November 14th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Lou,

I'm looking to see if there is anything that I can plug my headset
into, then plug
that into the intercom of the plane to make my headset ANR.

That's not how ANR works. Go to www.anrheadsets.com and look for the
ANR 1o1 tutorial for an explanation.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 14th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nrp

You can add an electronic kit to some existing headsets that will make
them ANR. Check
www.headsetsinc.com

I did it to a David Clark 10-40 about 10 years ago. It is a futzy
(sp?)process but they work well.

Old November 14th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"nrp" wrote in message
oups.com...
You can add an electronic kit to some existing headsets that will make
them ANR. Check
www.headsetsinc.com

I did it to a David Clark 10-40 about 10 years ago. It is a futzy
(sp?)process but they work well.

I also did a DC H10-40 about 15 years ago. Everything needed was in the
kit. Easily installed in a little over an hour. I do see the kit has more
than doubled in price since I did it though. The only thing I do not like
about it is the on/off switch is easily bumped on while in my flightbag,
causing the one 9-volt battery to go dead. They now put on a battery pack
that has an auto-off function. The noise canceling and clarity are great as
long as the ANR is on. When it is off the speakers do not have anywhere
near the quality of the original DC speakers. Just make sure you have a
good battery!

Allen

Handhelds with Headsets: Feedback? Steve Soaring 8 August 23rd 06 06:59 AM
In-ear headsets Wings Piloting 8 June 24th 06 12:37 AM
In-ear headsets Wings Owning 3 June 23rd 06 12:58 PM
Flying on the Cheap -- Headsets [email protected] Home Built 6 June 12th 06 05:13 PM
Entry Level Headsets Mark Morissette Piloting 12 April 28th 05 02:29 PM